Intro & Need some help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Akash_100

Hey Guys,
I am Akash and i am basically from India and yeah a new guy here.
I am a die hard music fan and spend as much as 5 to 6 hours on it. I listen to music primarily from my phone and have purchased several earphones mostly from reputed brands like Sony, Philips etc. Somehow they all got damaged internally and most of them now sound only in one earpiece.
So frustrated i decided to go for a wireless one, that was Nokia BH-505. It was pretty great and the sound quality as well as the functionality was awesome. Until my little brother broke it by sleeping on it.
Now i am thinking of buying a shuffle, cause i don't want any breakage or any sort of hassle. I know Apple's are just great. But guys.. is the sound quality from shuffle in box earphones good..cause i really prefer good quality music. So i need some reviews on the sound quality of Apple i pod shuffle from the in package provided earphones.
This is a bit long but i would still like to have some genuine help.

cjmnews

Staff member
The only shuffle I own is a second generation shuffle.

The headset that came with that was the old Apple white ones that you can get by with but they were not spectacular. I prefer my Shure headphones.

The current shuffle is a 4th generation shuffle and it comes with the same passable ear buds.

You would be better off getting different headphones (the Ear Pods are pretty good) than using the ones that come with it.

As for sound quality, you would need to listen for yourself. An Apple store may have a shuffle or 2 you can listen to.

Akash_100

Thanks for the support buddy. I really appreciate your help. Think i am gonna buy the 4th generation one..

kornchild2002

I'm a little late on this one but I should note that you can use different headphones with the current generation iPod shuffle. You can use the earbuds that come with it (which are just OK, nothing special) or you can use another pair of headphones with it. The third generation (3G) iPod shuffle is the only one that required specific headphones for functionality as that iPod shuffle didn't have any manual controls on the device. In order to adjust volume, skip tracks, rewind, etc., the 3G shuffle required headphones with an in-line remote meeting Apple's specifications. The 4G iPod shuffle will work with those types of headphones and other models that lack iDevice control since the 4G shuffle has physical control buttons for everything.

The audio quality output of the iPod shuffle is fine. Measurements put it on par with just about everything else on the market. I listen to my 3G iPod shuffle using my Bose IE2i Sports headphones without any issues. I only use my shuffle while exercising (since I don't want to damage my iPhone 5) and it has been a nice accessory. I definitely wouldn't purchase an iPod shuffle if that is going to be your only means of listening to music. The iPod shuffle is not meant to be your only music listening device. If you are looking for a primary portable player, I suggest going with the iPod nano. The iPod shuffle is, and always has been, designed for short listening periods (hence why it doesn't have a display) where you are running, exercising, or doing some other physical activity. It isn't designed to be your main iPod.