Interesting Skipping Problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kylo4

Maybe my iPod 5G is showing it's age now, but one album on my iPod won't play. I get around two minutes into any of the songs and it skips to the very end and freezes there. I can skip to the next track and it won't play it, but if I go back to the menu, click forward again and reselect the song the iPod will play it but freeze again.

Interestingly, the songs play perfectly fine in iTunes and so far my iPod hasn't done it with any other albums. Thinking that the problem could've been a bad partition on the disk (I have 1.7GB free on an 80GB iPod) I removed about 2-3GB worth of music and resynced the album. Same problem. The tracks are 320kbps encoded with Lame. Even more baffling is that the bonus tracks I added from a re-release, while in the same album will play fine. It's these tracks specifically.

I'd really like to know what the cause of this problem is and how much free space the HD should have to operate and not wear out.

Edit: I fixed the problem. What it seemed to be was a glitch. The songs I was replacing were ripped on another computer in a higher bitrate. Because I wanted to keep my playcount I removed the tracks from their folder and put the new ones in there, tricking iTunes into thinking those were the originals. I did the "locate track" for each song and it worked. While they played fine in iTunes, my only assumption is that the iPod itself was glitching on the metadata of the tracks.

Last edited: