Interesting Read-- Who really designed the iSkin?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jh-retired

Was Lajo really the original iSkin designer? Granted, the Groove Jacket came months before anyway, but still... iSkin is claiming they designed the iSkin. Read this, and he's described as simply a manufacturing partner. It's a quick, interesting read, if nothing else.

http://www.iskin.com/corporate.html

IlIlIlIlIl

it does say that iSkin inc. developed the sketches and discussed manufacturing. It's pretty common to have a company design a product and have an outside manufacturing partner to actually produce the physical product for shipment.

jh-retired

Yes, but that manufacturing partner should not be claiming to be the the sole original *designer.*

styles

ipod geek in denial
Interesting...I'd like to see Lajo chime in on this...

jh-retired

Have you ever heard him give a shred of design credit to iSkin.com or anyone else, for that matter?

breakaway1029

Maybe lajo is referring to the design of the cases (he created colors, made molds), and then decided to create some of his own products?

vanillamike

It looked to me at least like Lajo seemed to take the designing over with the exo. I could very well be wrong, but I recall Lajo coming on these boards to talk about the iSkin exo's he had designed when they first coming out. The rest is history. However, either way the Xskn line is 100% Lajo along with iShades and the TPU and the new belt clips. So while the original concept may have been somone elses (or joint) all the new consumer in mind products Lajo is manufacturing are unique, and I think this forum has helped Lajo achieve greater heights then iSkin Inc. will ever reach.

Mike

stark23x

Website
www.right-thoughts.us
azdude_15GB said:
Yes, but that manufacturing partner should not be claiming to be the the sole original *designer.*
WHy is your default to believe the iSkin.com people?

Has Lajo ever acted in anything but an honorable fashion? I don't understand why you're so quick to judge him as the bad guy here. Your posts indicate an abvious bias. I'm curious as to why?

jh-retired

Guess I'm just prompting discussion, and have inadvertently implied that Lajo is at fault for something... I wholeheartedly apologize for that. I don't mean to rip on him at all-- he puts out great stuff, and aside from exorbitant advertising on these forums, he has presented the image of an honest, genuinely helpful businessman.

To be honest, I could care less who gets what percentage of the credit. ;) This little tid-bit just had me confused a bit, and I found it interesting and worthy of discussion, as it doesn't quite fit with the idea that "iSkin is just another reseller of Lajo's products" (up until the eXo 2s, of course) that seemed to be the story here. Perhaps I just had it wrong myself, all along.

vanillamike-- I do agree that the Xskn line, TPU cases, and new belt clip are undeniably all 100% his... that's for darn sure.

Last edited:

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
According to lajo himself sometime, iskin was started by himself and a business-friend in california i think..
I guess the design might not be his originally, but he seems to have taken on the manufacturing challenge involved with producing the original iskin.

Apparently they mutually agreed to let his american business partner have the iskin name and he has started his own product line (which is better imho.)

Eros

This is interesting!

Where is Lajo? Cat must have his tongue, wrists, fingers and other appendages. This particular discussion has merit amongst the greatest mysterious happenings in history, such as the Bermuda triangle or was the moon landing faked, where is flight 119?. iSkin Inc has been rather quite about all this as well but they have clearly made claim to the iSkin name and design. Lets use some form of logic rather than divine inspiration to break this all down into something digestible. It is general practice in most embryonic business stages that protection of intellectual property such as logos, names and designs etc are clearly protected from the very start. As far as I can see, iSkin Inc owns several domain names bearing the name iSkin, thus it is safe to conclude that the name iSkin does belong to them, if someone had a dispute it would be quite easy to prove and a lawsuit could be launched. The EXO name is not as clear but based on the previous logical conclusions you could easily make an assumption on that as well. Yes, the corporate story is very interesting and I am going to look at lajo.biz to see if his site can clear up this Scooby Doo mystery, perhaps it was old man Higgins all along and neither Lajo or iskin. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Think Bout It!