• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Instructions: All music videos, free for your iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

icruise

alch3mlst said:
After skimming through the terms, the only part that seems relevant is this:

11. LICENSE TO USE AOL.COM.

You may use AOL.COM and the Content offered on AOL.COM only for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may use Content offered for downloading, such as photos and music, for personal use only and subject to the rules that accompany that particular Content. You may not use the Content in a manner that exceeds the rights granted for your use of the Content. You may not use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Content, frame any portion of AOL.COM or Content, or reproduce, reprint, copy, store, publicly display, broadcast, transmit, modify, translate, port, publish, sublicense, assign, transfer, sell, loan, or otherwise distribute the Content without our prior written consent. You may not circumvent any mechanisms included in the Content for preventing the unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Content. Visit our Copyright Permission Page for information on how you can request permission to reproduce certain Content from AOL.COM.
But this is a very general, blanket statement that is meant to cover everything available on AOL.com. It's not clear from this whether the videos could be considered "Content offered for downloading" or what exactly your rights are when it comes to the videos. Does the web browser's activity window count as a "data gathering and extraction tool"?

Still, it's true that AOL probably doesn't want you to be doing this. Whether that makes it immoral or illegal is a different question.

mini.boss

Interpol said:
So is paying $0.99 for songs that are played on the radio for free, right?

How about paying $15 for a movie DVD that networks show on TV for free?

How about paying $55000 for a BMW M3 when your neighbor accidentally left his M3 unlocked on the street with the keys in the ignition?

If anything is weak, it's your reasoning.
Radio = Tape player
TV show/TV Movie = VCR
BMW M3 = Completely illogical reasoning based off nothing

Its nothing thats new so just calm down. The content still needs to be worked in order to be ipod-friendly and music videos are hardly something record labels use to generate income. They benefit from widely distributed music videos because it encourages album $ale$.

And one more thing...

Screename: mini.boss = Not really a giant turtle you need to defeat to rescue the princess
Screename: interpol = Not really the police

I think you need to relax a bit since you really arent very sure about what you're talking about. Let the real police worry about the laws being broken and you should worry about your own stuff. You'll be less grouchy.

Last edited:

pd0x

got it work under windows + firefox, three items required:

Firefox
Live HTTP Headers Plugin
User Agent Switcher

Works like a charm

misha24

pd0x said:

Firefox
Live HTTP Headers Plugin
User Agent Switcher

Works like a charm
Can you explain how?

timmyp123

slightly off topic, but for a free video converter to ipod-compatible video try videora ipod converter. It converted a 40mb music video to mpeg4 format in under 10 mins for me. Check it out, much better than quicktime pro and free

mkprk

pd0x said:
if you use windows AOL seems to force the use of a Flash based player not quicktime..i guess for now its a mac thing
Whered you get the mms ripper?

Tom Honey

Website
www.streetball.co.uk
Great Find.

Takes some time an a couple of problems but a great find.

some are .RM rather than .Mov which is annoying.

and some arnt available to ppl outside UK but other than that its good.

it even works on the ones they want you to pay for. which is awesome.

im getting as many now before they shut it up/

JMG

asdf
misha24 said:
Can you explain how?
actually all you need is firefox and the user switcher.

Once you have the switcher download the agents here:

http://techpatterns.com/downloads/firefox/useragentswitcher.xml

Then use the user agent options to import the xml file.

You might have to ad the user agent button to your toolbar. Just right click th etoolbar and click customize and drag the button over.

On movies.aol.com you should switch your user agent to any safari or netscape agent on Mac.. like Safari 85 (Mac OSX). Then when you go to the aol site you will get the quicktime version of the video. Just right click the screen and view page source. Find the .mov and use a downloading program like NetTransport to download the stream. Just copy the file location and enter it into nettransport. Works perfectly.

JMG

asdf
hmmm... videora isn't converting the .mov files correctly.. they are 0k and unplayable. Any other conversion software?

nyckid

how do you convert .mov files to play on ipod video? usually export option is available when under quicktime pro, but with these files, its grayed out, any ideas?

ReisBullet

Website
www.jrlab.us
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this cuz I don't want to read through all the copyright nonsense, but in the steps, u can skip a few by, once you get the link copied, just open the Downloads window, and paste the link, and it should start downloading.

woogie

the whole thing about music on tv being free and music on the radio being free isnt entierly true. for one you pay to subscribe to watch mtv or much music and for another thing advertisers pay them to put their ads on their channel and they only do that if their rating is high then much music and mtv use the money they get from advertisers to pay for the music videos bands make. so when u watch tv u are giving the chanel a beter rating in turn paying for the music. same goes for radio. thats just my 2 cents on the whole thing. thanks alot for this fourm tho cause i really didnt want to buy music videos from ituens let alone crappy music videos.

pdawg17

JMG said:
hmmm... videora isn't converting the .mov files correctly.. they are 0k and unplayable. Any other conversion software?
I have the same problem...any ideas?

JMG

asdf
pd0x said:

Firefox
Live HTTP Headers Plugin
User Agent Switcher

Works like a charm
Have you converted it successfully? These mov files don't seem to participate with videora, PSP VIdeo 9, nero recode or QT 7 Pro. I've tried all of them.

Any ideas anyone?

segura

guess op jumped the gun on if these could be converted . . .

minnesotatwins

PSPWare will work but the quality is low for the Audio.

I can't find anything else that works though.

edit: i only got the mac version to work, not the pc version.

Last edited:

minnesotatwins

I just tried encoding with bitplayer on mac, and it gave the error, that the content is protected. AOL may have some protection on the MOV files?