• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Instructions: All music videos, free for your iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheJosher

Music Is Your Friend.
Website
www.thejosher.net
For some reason user agent switcher doesn't want to work for me. I get a 'need to update your browser' message, click 'continue anyway', and I get the flash version. I tried all the mac browsers.. all the same.

The user agent is getting sent, though. I checked it out on a couple sites.

Grr :p

Any other sites that have something simaler that would be easier to download?

Josh

Saladas

iPod Addict
TheJosher said:
For some reason user agent switcher doesn't want to work for me. I get a 'need to update your browser' message, click 'continue anyway', and I get the flash version. I tried all the mac browsers.. all the same.

The user agent is getting sent, though. I checked it out on a couple sites.

Grr :p

Any other sites that have something simaler that would be easier to download?

Josh
You need to enter at music.aol.com with the default profile no safari, then you chose your artist and when u see the list of video, change to safari profile, then click the video and should work, if u enter to aol.music.com with safari profile u get the upgrade message.......

Sorry for my english =(
Jonathan, MExico.

SimonStern

I am having trouble downloading the files that are listed with the rtsp// in the URL.

I am on a PC with Firefox. I tried NetTransport, and it appears to download the file, but the file will not play with Quicktime. I get an error that says the file is not a video file.

I tried GetRight and NetVampire, and they both report back that the rtsp// is not a supported type. I tried changing to http// but then the URL doesn't work anymore.

I tried DAP also, and it didn't seem to work either.

Any other suggestions?

Marilynfan

Website
marilynmonroe.ca
Again, I can't stress enough that the sound quality of the AOL .movs are *crap*. Utter crap. And this is before any translation to iPod format. If its a song/video you really like, spend the dough to buy it from iTunes when it becomes available. [/B]
You are so right. The video is great but the sound sucks! I don't think I am going to bother doing any more of them. Guess I will save up my money and buy them from iTunes. I wish once they were purchased we could share. Even splitting the cost with one other person would have been great.

sex+ipod=heaven

After 3 hours of trying to find Quicktime music videos in aol.com, I figued it out. Mov. files are not required to dl movies. ALl you need to do is click on it and if its a Windows Media video you right click and click on properties. You cna copy the location, use Net transport, convert useing Videora and it works perfectly. The sound and video in my ipod is superb.

tuxthepenguin00

thats awesome thanks a lot great tutorial

edit- i just noticed that these videos are ~74 megs, thats HUGE, no way do i want to take up that much space on my ipod with music videos, my question is, after u convert them to ipod format, do they get to regular managable size?

nevermind not worth it

Last edited:

JMG

asdf
tuxthepenguin00 said:
thats awesome thanks a lot great tutorial

edit- i just noticed that these videos are ~74 megs, thats HUGE, no way do i want to take up that much space on my ipod with music videos, my question is, after u convert them to ipod format, do they get to regular managable size?

nevermind not worth it
they come up to about 20 or so MB in itpod format.

Viper2005

dyzfnctional said:
I tried to use nero recode but keep getting error msg:
Nero Recode 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close.
-send error report
-dont send

it works fine with other files but the ones i get from aol via Net Transporter 1.92....why?

thanks.
I too noticed the same thing, but I got Nero recode to work with 7/10 videos that I downloaded with AOL using net transport. (The remaining 3/10 videos are the ones that use rtsp://)
Here's the trick:
On most of the videos I dowloaded from AOL, the first 2 - 3 seconds appear corrupt. To get nero to work with these files, you have to set the Start/end so that the corrupt section at the beginning is trimmed off. (I also trim off the last second of the video too, just in case).
On the Start/end window, if you fast forward on the left screen (start time), you'll notice that it takes a second or two before a picture appears. The time when the screen is blank (black) is the corrupt section you need to trim off.
Try this with Antigone Rising's video 'Don't look back'..
FYI, my other settings are: Standard profile, 1.48 video bitrate, 128k/44Khz audio.
I found that Nero recode is the best one-step solution to converting the AOL vids.

-

Bluewookie

Re: Nero Recode Works

Hi,

I tried this and it seemed to work fine. mp4 files were created that play fine on my computer, but when I put them on my ipod I get nothing happening. The screen goes blank for a little bit, and then back to the list of videos.

edit: I should probably clarify that these weren't aol videos I was converting, just random videos I had on my machine.

cybertrance said:
Nero Recode works for 90% of the files that were downloaded in the .mov format, without having to convert to avi first.

A few of them won't convert at all for some odd reason.

1.) Start Nero Recode
2.) Select "Recode DVDs and Video to Nero Digital"
3.) Click on "Import Files"
4.) Select the file(s) you wish to encode, Add Title, then Close
5.) This wil close the "Import Title" window and take you back to the main program.
6.) Click "More >>" on the bottom left
7.) Under "Nero Digital Profile", select "Standard"
8.) Uncheck "Fit to target:"
9.) Under "Video Quality", use the slider to select the bitrate. I use 1.48.
10.) Click on "Settings" in the middle of the main window.
11.) Select "Custom Profile", 128kbit/s, 44100 or 48000 Hz, then "OK"
12.) Back at the main program window, click "Next"
13.) Select your output folder
14.) Click on the Nero Digital Settings icon
15.) Click "Quality/Speed", change "Maximum MV range:" to -32 to 31.5
16.) Click "Advanced", uncheck "4 motions vectors" and "Bidirectional VOP"
17.) Click "Burn"

This should result in a perfectly smooth video that looks really good on the iPod. I currently have about 100 music videos and 2 full length movies that works beautifully.

If you try to convert a file and it fails, please try another one before posting that this method does not work.

Last edited: