Insert New 5-Minute Breaks in Audio CDs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
This is probably impossible, but here goes. I've ripped a couple of audio CDs to MP3 files, choosing to merge all tracks for each original CD together. The result is a 70+ minute MP3 file for each original CD, which works great on the iPod.

When burning a CD from these MP3 files, however, it would be nice to re-insert gaps every 5 minutes or so, to make it easier for CD users to find their place.

Does anyone know whether there is a way to do this? (Duh! I realize that I could have originally ripped the CDs without joining their tracks, but it's too late for that!)

Thanks!

dordale

Stensvaag--

There are quite a few programs that will split mp3 files into seperate files. Do a search on "mp3 splitter" at tucows.

Good luck!
dordale :)

dordale

Goldwave is a great program! It has a lot of bells and whistles for the price. But, if all you want to do is split a long mp3 file into multiple files, it might be overkill for the job. Cool mp3 splitter from www.yaosoft.com is a good program if you're not interested in editing your audio files. (Loads and saves files much faster than goldwave).

dordale :)

Last edited: