Initial Impressions on DLO Jam Jacket

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

torchedlh

Initial Impressions on my DLO Jam Jacket with PICS

I was gonna get an EXO, but after all the problems people were having in actually getting them etc, and the fact that lajo was less than helpful in helping me get the color i wanted, i decided to go with the DLO Jam Jacket.

Anyway, the case is clear and very smooth. The fit is absolutely PERFECT. All the holes for the buttons and scroll wheel line up flawlessly by themselves, no need to struggle with the case. The case slides on effortlessly, but once the ipod is in, it's in.

The area above the buttons is slightly thicker than the rest of the case. At first, i was dissapointed at this, however i find it's for the better. Doing this simply requires you to change the angle of your thumb when pressing the buttons, and i will get used to that. Now, the benefit of having this, is that hopefully, the hold button will not be necessary to prevent errorneous actions while in my pocket.

The area surrounding the scroll wheel is also thicker in the same fashion as the buttons. This is even less of a problem, as the scroll wheel is obviously much larger than each of the other buttons.

The area around the screen is also thicker. Not sure why that is, i guess to add a little more protection for the screen. Too bad the case wasn't made with a screen protector, however i'll find something to stick to the screen (either some sort of contact paper, clear packaging tape, or pda screen protector).

As you know, the top of the case is open, leaving the top of the ipod exposed. Obvisiously, this is how you get the ipod in and out of the case. I dont' find this to be a problem at all, as when it's in my pocket, my ipod stays up right, and there's nothing else in there to scratch it.

On the bottom of the case, you'll find a nicely cut rectangle hole for your firewire cable. it lines up perfectly and completely symmetrical with the port itself. Of course, the ipod cannot be docked with the case on and therefore i'm glad it's not too hard to pull the ipod out of the case. This is was also one of the major reasons why i chose this case over an EXO, as i knew that after extended periods of time with the EXO stretched back behind the ipod to dock, the EXO would retain a memory (albeit very little) that would hinder it's fit.

All in all, i'm VERY impressed by this case. The quality of it is superb. The fits is better than excellent, no need to tug here and there to get the holes to line up. You just slide it in and you're good to go.

BTW i ordered this from thinkdifferent store with priority shipping, the total came out to be $24 and some change. They shipped it out the next day (i ordered the night before) and received it on the third day. I highly recomment them to everyone.

Attachments

Last edited:

mtkversion

Thanks for the writeup Torched.

After reading through a bunch of threads and looking up on different sites, your thread convinced me to get the DLO Jam Jacket as well.

Ordered it from TDS for a total of $24.84.

Can't wait till I can finally cover the back of the iPod up and not worry about scratching it ... :)

torchedlh

definitely, you will not be dissapointed. with a peice of clear packaging tape on the screen, you get everything the EXO has plus a better way of docking it as well as no ulgy "heat vents" on the back.

carlin

iPodaholic...
Website
homepage.mac.com
what do you mean better way of docking it. I love my jam jacket, but you can't dock it, can you? I just use the cable, what do ya mean torch?

torchedlh

well yea, i mean just sliding the ipod out of the case..... you can't do that easily with the EXO. to dock with the exo you have to stretch it back which is really awkward and effect the fit of the case if it's left that way for a long period of time.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
i have the jam jacket (same color) and i think it sucks.

1. no screen protector
2. difficult to get in and out of ANY pocket due to grippy material
3. top is exposed to whatever may come in contact

All in all, your right it does have a good fit and it is shock absorbant..i just got the macclear case and im liking it MUCH better. I can see my ipod again!

torchedlh

deftdrummer1 said:
i have the jam jacket (same color) and i think it sucks.

1. no screen protector
2. difficult to get in and out of ANY pocket due to grippy material
3. top is exposed to whatever may come in contact

All in all, your right it does have a good fit and it is shock absorbant..i just got the macclear case and im liking it MUCH better. I can see my ipod again!
1. takes about 2 minutes to make out outta packaging tape
2. you sure you got the right size?? all you do is flip the front and back flaps down, grab it with your thumb and forefinger and pull. it comes out efforlesstly.
3. true.... but i leave it upright in my pocket and have yet to have any problems.

Optimize

Website
www.apple.com
torchedlh said:
2. you sure you got the right size?? all you do is flip the front and back flaps down, grab it with your thumb and forefinger and pull. it comes out efforlesstly.
I think he meant it's hard to get the Case (with the iPod inside) in and out of a shirt or pants pocket. The rubber sticks to the cloth of the pocket.

Is this not the case with the Exo iSkin? I haven't felt either one yet. and looking to buy one soon!

torchedlh

Optimize said:
I think he meant it's hard to get the Case (with the iPod inside) in and out of a shirt or pants pocket. The rubber sticks to the cloth of the pocket.

Is this not the case with the Exo iSkin? I haven't felt either one yet. and looking to buy one soon!
oooh you're right. i missed that. yea, it is somewhat difficult to get outta pocket due to it's tacky material. however this is the same case with the EXOs as they are both made out of silicone. anyhow, both cases' stickyness will decrease after a few washes.