Info field question..

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mr wrong

Is it possible to always leave a field empty in the 'info' section under the 'Get Info' heading? I wish to always leave the year, and artist info blank. The reason for this is because sometimes I create my own albums and sometimes those fields cause issues.

I'm using the latest iTunes, btw.

Thanks.

kornchild2002

You can do this by editing the disc information whenever you rip a CD using iTunes. However, if you want to clear everything, it is pretty easy to do. Highlight every song in your iTunes library, right-click on one of them, left-click on Get Info, put a checkmark next to "Artist" making sure it is blank (you should NOT do this as that will only mess your iTunes library up) and do the same for "Year." However, like I said, deleting the Artist field for everything will mess your iTunes library up pretty bad as iTunes tends to require basic information such as artist, album title, genre, and track number in order to properly display content. If anything, you will be fine with making sure the Album Artist field is left blank rather than the actual Artist field.

mr wrong

You can do this by editing the disc information whenever you rip a CD using iTunes. However, if you want to clear everything, it is pretty easy to do. Highlight every song in your iTunes library, right-click on one of them, left-click on Get Info, put a checkmark next to "Artist" making sure it is blank (you should NOT do this as that will only mess your iTunes library up) and do the same for "Year." However, like I said, deleting the Artist field for everything will mess your iTunes library up pretty bad as iTunes tends to require basic information such as artist, album title, genre, and track number in order to properly display content. If anything, you will be fine with making sure the Album Artist field is left blank rather than the actual Artist field.

Thanks for the response.. I don't use iTunes to rip CD's. Most MP3's I add to my library are downloaded from Emusic, and Amazon. What I'm trying to do is have the 'Year' and 'Album Artist'- not the 'Artist' field left blank with no action from me when I add new tracks to the library.. Maybe a better way to explain it is to permanently switch off those fields so they are ignored for every future track without me having to edit them.. My guess is that this isn't possible, but thought I'd give it a shot.

Thanks again..

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
You can always create a smart playlist to find things that don't comply with your desires, then check its contents periodically. If anything shows up, you can select all items in the playlist and open Get Info for all items to clear out these fields (put a check mark next to the Year and/or Album Artist fields, then click OK to accept the changes).

Smart Playlist:
- Album Artist is not ___ ( i.e. blank)
- Year is not ___ (i.e. blank, but iTunes may stuff a "0" in there)
- Match Any