Increase IPOD Volume

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dvdjunkie111

I have tried various methiods to override the "Governor" on the volume level in the IPOD....Is there any way to increase the volume level on the songs once they are in the IPOD...I use my IPOD as my primary player in my car and the volume output is so low that I need to turn it up almost to 90% before I can hear the songs clearly...I am eq'ing them higher before I load them into the IPOD and using MP3Gain to normalize the volume but no matter what I do they never seem to be loud enough...I have heard about EuPod but do not know if it works with the new I tunes/Ipod firmware/software updates....Can anyone help?

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
The version of euPod that I found (v1.6 Pro) is free and yes, it works, and it works WELL on my 5G video. All my tracks are "normalized" via MP3 Gain, and I don't use the "Sound Check" option either in iTune or on my iPod.

Prior to euPod: Normal listening level was roughly 80%. And I don't need my music all that loud, tyvm... 80% was getting me a nice, middle of the road listening level while commuting to work and such.

After euPod: Using the default setting (+40dB) my iPod's ~1,200 tracks were "scanned" in about two seconds. Result? Normal listening level is now about 30%. At 50% it's LOUD and at 75% it's ear-splittingly loud.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
An alternative to updating the level of your songs is to use line-out (assuming you're currently using headphone out). I use a tiny PocketDock and the line-out level cranks! You lose volume control via the ipod but to me that's a small sacrifice.

Dvdjunkie111

Dvdjunkie111 said:
I have tried various methiods to override the "Governor" on the volume level in the IPOD....Is there any way to increase the volume level on the songs once they are in the IPOD...I use my IPOD as my primary player in my car and the volume output is so low that I need to turn it up almost to 90% before I can hear the songs clearly...I am eq'ing them higher before I load them into the IPOD and using MP3Gain to normalize the volume but no matter what I do they never seem to be loud enough...I have heard about EuPod but do not know if it works with the new I tunes/iPod firmware/software updates....Can anyone help?

Thanks...So all I have to do is load the songs into my ipod then run EuPod and they will be louder? Is there anything else I need to do? Do I use MP3Gain before I load them or does that happen thru the GUI of EuPOd

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
Re: Re: Increase IPOD Volume

Dvdjunkie111 said:
Thanks...So all I have to do is load the songs into my ipod then run EuPod and they will be louder? Is there anything else I need to do? Do I use MP3Gain before I load them or does that happen thru the GUI of EuPOd
I would suggest you use MP3Gain first, yes. Leveling the tracks has nothing to do with volume, other than getting the songs to play at roughly the SAME volume. This is a good start, but doesn't solve the problem that the volume itself, overall, is too low.

Second step is to copy euPod to your iPod, and run it.
A menu will appear, and you'll see that the settings are going to default to +40dB. Leave it alone for now (trust me on this one).
Click on the big button that says "Boost iPod Volume".
It'll scan all your tracks, adjust them, and tell you when it's done.
Plug in your earbuds, put on a tune and enjoy REAL volume.

Dvdjunkie111

Re: Re: Re: Increase IPOD Volume

Baphomet said:
I would suggest you use MP3Gain first, yes. Leveling the tracks has nothing to do with volume, other than getting the songs to play at roughly the SAME volume. This is a good start, but doesn't solve the problem that the volume itself, overall, is too low.

Second step is to copy euPod to your iPod, and run it.
A menu will appear, and you'll see that the settings are going to default to +40dB. Leave it alone for now (trust me on this one).
Click on the big button that says "Boost iPod Volume".
It'll scan all your tracks, adjust them, and tell you when it's done.
Plug in your earbuds, put on a tune and enjoy REAL volume.

How do you copy EuPod to your IPOD...Just drag the program into Itunes? Sorry for the ignorance but I didnt know it would run on Ipod as a program

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
No problem...

Yeah, euPod has everything it needs to run in the euPod folder.
Drag the euPod folder on to your iPod.
Open the euPod folder on your iPod and click on the euPod.exe file.

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
Oh that's right... euPod has the MP3Gain option.

Well, you have the choice, if you HAVEN'T already used MP3Gain on your tracks, use the option in euPod to "normalize" your tracks to the default 89dB and then boost the volume.

If you HAVE already normalized the tracks using MP3Gain, you can skip that tab in euPod, and just boost the volume.

Last edited:

Dvdjunkie111

I tyried to drag the folder onto the iPod thru Itunes and it will not go, do I have to open my computer and drag it that way?

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
No problem... just be sure to drag the euPod FOLDER. The folder contains other files besides the .exe file that euPod needs in order to run on your iPod.

Ender1490

Blaqk Audio
Um, you do know in iTunes, there is the option to make a song volume increased in the song's info (Get Info)?

xluben

Ender1490 said:
Um, you do know in iTunes, there is the option to make a song volume increased in the song's info (Get Info)?
That does not actually increase the max volume of the iPod. It will just increase the sensitivity of the volume bar.

i.e. Boosting the volume in iTunes by 100% will cause you iPod to play at full volume with the volume bar at only 50% (but then the second 50% of the volume bar will do nothing).

Dvdjunkie111

Thank you for the reply...Thats what I thought as well as I have tried that....I guess the way to do this is like the first poster said, load EuPOD on my IPOD and run it from there

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
I don't think you'll be disappointed by euPod. The default "boost" setting of +40dB worked miracles on my 5G video.

Dvdjunkie111

I have tried the way you suggested...Load EuPOd on the Ipod in its complete folder...Then open IPOD while connected thru the computer and run EuPOD...It says updated 95 songs with new tags but when I go to use the IPOD I can tell no difference...Should I not use MP3Gain..What am I doing wrong here?

Baphomet

Resident Pagan Deity
You might need to de-select the "Sound Check" option on your iPod, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with it. It doesn't affect mine.

If you clicked on the "Boost Volume" button, without adjusting the slider bar from it's default +40dB setting, that's all you need to do. It worked like a charm for me.

Dvdjunkie111

am wondering does this program work on the American version or just the european version...I have followed all your instructions but it does not seem to boost the volume when I hook it up to my car stereo...The Ipod volume hits a wall at 50% and will not go louder when using the click wheel to control output..I have used MP3Gain and that works great but cannot get Eupod to work the way I need....