Impressed With Martin Fields

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blue_maffu_202

I got my Martin Fields last night and immediatly drove to the apple store (an hour away:D ) and picked up my new black 30GB iPod!!

I've read just about every post on here about the fields so I knew all the problems that people had and ways around them.

- Use the steamy bathroom. It worked perfectly. I got the front place in about 2 minutes. No dust. There were some air bubbles caused be the condensation being trapped under there but I left it over night and it dried perfectly. You can't even tell its on.

- I found the center button was dificult to place because it is so small but I got it on nicely after several attempts.

- The back was harder to put on then I expected only because its hard to line it up since you have nothing to go by and the field overhangs a bit where the iPod starts to curve.

- I heard some stories about ruining the field trying to remove the back. All I did was curve the field a bit near the edge (not bending) and used my finger nail to seperate the 2. It was much easier than described on here. Also my nails are short so it didn't require long nails.

- The click wheel protector doesn't stick very well at all. It looks like its barely hanging on and I don't think I like the feel of it. I may remove it.

Overall I recomend these to anyone looking for a way to stop scratches. I may still buy a case (looking at the Microshield) to protect from impact and such. The field fits so perfectly on the front that I can't even tell its on. The back is ok, but I wish it didn't overhang because I'm worried it will get caught on something and come off.

Anyway, theres my review.

julesNYC

Yeah, I also have a MF on my 5G white 30gb and I couldn't be happier. Yeah, the application process wasn't as hard as some people made it out to be. You just have to be prepared and do your research.

I also got an Incase Neoprene Sleeve to protect my iPod. So far I'm satisfied with it.

Congrats on your new iPod! Enjoy.

xavierh

No Complaints with MF

I have been using the Martin Fields overlays since november 2005 and I'm also very satisfied. I used a bottled of compressed air and lots of tape to get rid of dust.

I also have an Evo3 case and the combination of fo the Evo3 with the MF works great.

dalt_dalt

Got to throw in some kudos for Martin Fields as well. The protectors look great and crystal clear.
The application process was easy as well--because of the rigidity of the protectors, they seem to pull themselves on to the iPod while self-smoothing and reducing bubbles. Slide a credit card across it and any remaining bubbles disappear and leave you with a perfectly clear surface.
Like someone else noted, the clickwheel protector doesn't stick as well. But that's due to the rubbery clickwheel material.
Overall, I was very pleased with the MF protector.

ipodphoto30

i'm glad it turned out well for you. as for the microshield i was gonna get one. but i read bl4h's forum just look up his username and his ipod was so messed up because of it.

so they say you can use MF with an agent18 but wet spots may occur.

xavierh

ipodphoto30 said:
i'm glad it turned out well for you. as for the microshield i was gonna get one. but i read bl4h's forum just look up his username and his ipod was so messed up because of it.

so they say you can use MF with an agent18 but wet spots may occur.
I head that too...thats one of the reason why I decided on an Evo3 rather than an Agent 18 case becuase of the way the Evo3 screen goes in the case...