Importing a 3g and activating here...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
Hi all, I am due to go away to Florida in the next few weeks and was considering trying to grab myself an iPhone 3g. Partly because stocks for the 16gb version are scarce at best, but also because I can take advantage of the price differences and get my hands on a cheap phone.

So my question is...Can I buy an iPhone 3g on it's own without having to take out a contract there and then?

I don't want to jailbreak it to be honest and plan to take advantage of the unlimited data plans available here.

Thanks and my apologies if this is a noobish question. I don't exactly keep up to date with these things any more unfortunately.

kyussmondo

Two things you should know...iPhones are the same price everywhere. £159 in the UK, in the US it is £151, not worth the £8 saving really. To get an official O2 contract, you need to buy from an O2 or CPW store.

Just be patient. I am sure stock shortages will be sorted out very soon. I recommend buying from CPW. They accept pre-orders which they ship in a few days. That way you are guaranteed your iPhone. It just makes no sense to buy from the US anymore. In fact the 8GB is actually a bit cheaper here than it is in the US.