Important iTunes Music Store Login issue...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MoonlitShadow

I always sign in to iTunes using my AOL screen name and password. I've done this for a few years now and never had a problem...until now. I just tried to log in to my iTunes account, and I keep getting the message that my AOL screen name cannot be found in their database or my password is incorrect. I know that either possibility is not the case since I'm currently signed in to AOL under the identical screen name and password I've always used which iTunes seems to be suddenly claiming doesn't exist. I also know that no one else has hacked into my iTunes or AOL account for the following reasons:

1. If there was a hacking or virus issue I wouldn't be able to log in to AOL either, which as I said, I'm logged in to at the moment without a single issue. I even signed out of AOL just a few minutes ago to see if there might be a problem trying to log back in. Everything worked flawlessly at sign in for AOL with this screen name and password as usual.

2. My virus protection installed the latest updates and ran a scan just over an hour ago. So, I know for sure that my computer is completely virus free.

3. I haven't gotten any bills or receipts for songs that I didn't purchase.

I've tried to sign in to iTunes at least 5 times in the last half hour, and each time I get the same message and can't log in anymore. If this had happened just once I would've thought it was just my own typos, but now I'm certain it's not my own simple error. The caps lock was not on each time I tried either, and I double checked to make sure I had AOL and not Apple ID selected. Is anyone else who uses their AOL screen name and password for iTunes having log in issues or is it just me? I don't want to have to change my AOL screen name and/or password just for the sake of iTunes when both are working perfectly to access AOL, and I've had the info memorized for quite some time. Also, my credit/debit card and previous songs I've purchased are all tied into the iTunes account with this AOL screen name and password. Obviously I don't want to lose the rights to anything I've bought and want to protect my account info.

I know the iTunes store has been having issues with slow downloads, error messages, and such with the server overload since Christmas. Does anyone think that could've caused the database to lose some log in info? I'm really out of ideas on what could be the problem here, so any help and suggestions as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated since I really need to be able to access my account. Thanks in advance!

Amelie

<3
I do not have an AOL log- in, but at times when I tried to log in on the iTMS, it wouldn't let me. Usually the problem would be gone in a few hours. If you still have problems after a while, try emailing them. They respond fairly fast.

playcube87

yes, this has happen to me too. Im really ticked off because i have a 50 dollar itunes card and i cant get in, let im on aol right now as we speak with the same username. Any updates on this?

MoonlitShadow

Thanks for the replies. It helps to know that at least I'm not the only one with this problem right now.

Amelie - While I've never had log in issues before, I figured it should clear up in a few hours as you said...but unfortunately I've had this problem since last night (just didn't get a chance to post about it here until this morning) and just tried to log in again minutes ago to see that nothing has changed yet. I did email them earlier this morning, but I haven't gotten a response yet. They really must be extremely overloaded, because I've never had to wait this long for a response in regards to anything before. This really must've been an iPod and iTunes Christmas! I'm one of the millions myself though, (got a 5G and an iTunes gift card) so I guess I can understand it.

playcube87 - Yeah, your problem is exactly what I'm experiencing. I even called AOL since iTunes instructed to do that after I tried a few times to log in. AOL reps told me there haven’t been any unauthorized changes made to my account recently. Also, just like you I'm still able to sign in to AOL, so I know everything is fine on that front. Maybe the AOL iTunes accounts are the most overloaded now? Anyway, I hope this issue gets resolved ASAP. If anything changes for me I'll be sure to come back and update this.

MoonlitShadow

Just wanted to post an update on this as I said I would. I'm happy to say that I can finally sign in to ITMS again for the first time in almost 3 days. So, playcube87 and anyone else with an AOL username who couldn't access their account for a while should be able to do it now. I realize I could've edited my last post, but I figured I should keep this bumped for a while in case it helps anyone with this problem.

iStation

I'm getting really ticked off about this, because I know my AOL password is correct, and iTunes is trying to tell me it isn't!

MoonlitShadow

iStation said:
I'm getting really ticked off about this, because I know my AOL password is correct, and iTunes is trying to tell me it isn't!
Well, it looks like the problem is occurring again for me too. After I saw your post I went back to try to sign in again to see if I still could, and unfortunately I can't anymore. Apparently my luck with it this morning was very short lived. I realize they're probably working to resolve this issue, but seriously, the back and forth of being able to sign in and then not being able to do so again just a few hours later is getting ridiculous now. I guess I should email them again telling them I thought the issue was resolved but that didn't last very long. :confused:

MoonlitShadow

^ Glad to hear that. :) Unfortunately, I still can't log in again...The one time I got in (late Friday night as mentioned above) was the only time I was able to sign in since before Christmas. My luck lasted just long enough to download one TV show episode then it ran out...hopefully my luck will return again soon LOL.

Seriously, I'm trying to make light of it and find humor in it so people don't see this post as just my constant complaining, but this has really gotten frustrating. I hope I'm not the only one left still having this issue.