Import your own custom EQ to your ipod.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Revel67

Hey guys I know that a lot of you guys been asking this question "if there a way to use your own custom EQ on the ipod." because we all know the "preset" sucks.
I found a way to use your own custom EQ on the ipod.
I did it on my nano 16Gigger but I guess it applys to all ipods.
if you want I will post how to doin it. step by step

p.s excuse my english.

Bastaboy

Hi there!..i just bought an ipod (16gb)..and the eq presets, really sucks!..
how did u do to get the custom eq??..
I really want to know!..

sensational93

If I were you, I would've just posted this whole EQ thing. There's no point in asking people, as they may not know what this is... but would find this useful once they read it.
So go ahead, and post it! I would like to know, please! :)

Revel67

To s2mac...take a chill pill and.....puck off.

To the rest of guys here is the step by step enjoy...

How to import custom EQ settings to any ipod.
By Revel67.

1) open itunes
2) click "View" tab then scroll down to "show equalizer"
3) adjust the equalizer to your 'personal pleasure" you will notice that the top (under equalizer) will change to manual after you start adjusting the settings.
4) when you are happy with your personal settings "click on the drop down arrows" click on ( make preset...) top of the list
5) on the "new preset window" write one of the preset Eq. that are on the ipod. e.g "Latin, jazz,Dance etc. make shure that you write it the same way that is on the ipod. click "OK"
6) then you will get a message "An EQ preset already exists with the name (what ever preset EQ you selected) do you want to replace it? click Yes.
7) now close the equalizer window. sync your ipod... after sync is complete go to settings on your ipod select the preset EQ that you just created(Latin,Jazz,Dance)
8) enjoy your ipod like you only dream of....until now...with your own custom EQ.

S2_Mac

(Sorry; I don't take "puck off" directions very well ;-)

I wonder if this is a Nano feature, or something cool in the new iTunes.... Tried it with a 5.5G 80GB and pre-8 iTunes; no joy. Anyone else running iTunes v8 make this go on a non-Nano?

Revel67

S2_Mac said:
(Sorry; I don't take "puck off" directions very well ;-)

I wonder if this is a Nano feature, or something cool in the new iTunes.... Tried it with a 5.5G 80GB and pre-8 iTunes; no joy. Anyone else running iTunes v8 make this go on a non-Nano?
This works with every itunes.... You have to make shure that you write down tne preset the same way that is on the ipod. capital letter first ok. e.g Latin, Jazz, Deep...if you don't write down the same way it wont work.

paranoidxe

Buzzkilld said:
Nope, doesn't work. Just keeps the eq like that in iTunes, not the Nano.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2618?viewlocale=en_US

Notes

1. iPod does not use custom equalizer settings made in iTunes.
2. You can't create custom equalizer settings on iPod, or transfer custom settings to iPod.
Well considering that article was made before the last iPods I wouldn't cancel the idea out just yet. I haven't tried it but I wouldn't trust a article made in Aug 2008.

Revel67

paranoidxe said:
Well considering that article was made before the last iPods I wouldn't cancel the idea out just yet. I haven't tried it but I wouldn't trust a article made in Aug 2008.
Try it... maybe you guy didn't undertand. you have "Replicate" the preset EQ from the ipod in itunes(step 5 )
that is why on step 6 wil ask you if "An EQ preset already exists with the name (what ever preset EQ you selected) do you want to replace it? click Yes.
That way you are replacing the preset with your custom EQ setting.

S2_Mac

Yes, I think I spelled "Dance" correctly ;-)

iPods recognize the preset IQs by name, then use their own stored EQ definition based on that name. (This has been a sore spot for years, since it appears the iPod index has keys set aside for custom EQ values.)

I first saved my EQ prefs. Then I selected the Dance preset, and dialed everything out except for 500Hz -- that should pretty much make everything sound like it's coming through a tube. Followed the steps above, to the letter (other than manually loading the iPod with the tracks, rather than syncing). The tracks were all new to the iPod. With iPod EQ set to Flat, Off, and Dance there was no difference in the tracks.

Woulda been nice.....