Import iPod Date into MC? Confusion

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
I'm a registered user of MC9 and loving it. I've been using the newest betas with great success. I especially like the playcount and rating transfers from the iPod to the PC, as well as the preserved bookmarks in audible.com files.

Some time in the latest beta builds, the J River folks changed one of the key synching options. It used to be something like "Update PC from iPod information" -- I know that isn't the correct phrasing -- and the user simply clicked and the playcounts, ratings, and "last time played" info transferred seamlessly from the iPod to the PC database.

Now the synching option is as follows: "Import iPod Date Into MC." If the user selects this option, he/she is warned: "This will overwrite MC tags with info from iPod. Continue? Y/N"

I haven't dared say "yes," because I don't want to mess up my PC database. Is this just the old "Update PC from iPod information" option to transfer over the play counts, last time played, and ratings from the iPod? Or is is something fancier and more dangerous?

Thanks!

ashawley

Website
www.
And actually Stensvaag, there's a new one-step way to do it now.

Just click on the iPod Toolbar icon. It will bring up the sync dialog w/a new checkbox, Sync iPod Data to MC9. Keep that checked all the time and your iPod data will update MC9's library.

As a precaution, before you sync, you can always back up your library. Just click on File>Library>Backup Library. Then, if something goes horribly wriong you can just restore from it and all is back to normal.

Adam