"Import iPod Audio Files" Failures?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Website
dougscripts.com
I have heard from a couple of Correspondents that Import iPod Audio Files does not always work correctly. This script will enable you to import the files of selected iPod tracks into iTunes. First, it doesn't work with Windows-formatted iPods, but that hasn't been the problem. It appears that some iPod tracks/files are unable to be recognized.

Here's how the script works: the size in bytes of each selected iPod track is used with the UNIX bash command "find". The size in bytes of a file is pretty much a fingerprint of the file. The "find" command attempts to locate a file of the same size (and correct file extension also) on the iPod and then it copies that file to your hard drive. It's pretty much infalible; but on the rare occasions when two or more files have the same file size, you are given the option to select the correct file.

Anyway...

Today I was testing an additional parameter to the "find" command. I was attempting to use the modification date of the selected file to help narrow the "find" parameters (it works). However, some files were being skipped over. Very inconsistent. Some files were always found and copied, others--very obviously meeting the "find" criteria--were just "not found".

Then I recalled the latest so-called "iTunes cannot get CD track names for songs that were not imported using iTunes." error message (I'll leave you to read the link). Anyway, I used the latest iTunes to re-import the tracks from CD that weren't being found, put 'em on the iPod, and Hoo Ya, they were imported correctly by the script. I don't know if the original "not found" iPod tracks were ripped by iTunes or not. I suspect they were actually ripped by Sound Jam ages ago. But there you go. Let me know if you experience a similar problem with the script.

By the way, I will be updating Import iPod Audio Files in a day or two after more testing. Cheers!