I'm in! (almost)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

drac

Hi, everyone- I hope that I'm posting this in the right place, but it's meant more as an introduction than anything else, so I'm hoping that it will be OK.

I'm a longstanding music fanatic who is eagerly looking forward to getting his hands on a shiny new iPod- ordered, but not yet delivered.

I plonked down far too many dollars for a 40 gig 3G, an Adaptec combo card (USB2/Firewire), and a Ghost iSkin eVo.

My first MP3 player was a PJB-100, so there are some features that I'll miss, but I'm looking forward to the new age of portability that I'l enjoy with the smaller iPod.

I run Win2k on a PIII-500/384 MB/200 GB, of which 80 is dedicated to MP3's, about 15 000 songs in all- of which I've rated about 4 000. . iTunes is not the most responsive of programs with that kind of load on this machine, but I'm still enjoying its smartlist features tremendously.

I'm an avid buyer as well as a downloader, with several hundred CD's from several genres. Downloading songs via P2P has been absolutely invaluable in allowing me exposure to songs by both mainstream and niche artists that I don't hear on the radio here, or see in the stores. It has expanded and guided my buying patterns for some time.

I've been using iTunes for a couple of weeks now, and it was actually iTunes that helped me decide on the iPod- I was considering an iPod as well as an iRiver iHP. I'd bought an iRiver CD-MP3 player for a friend acouple of years ago and it has been rock-solid and full-featured.

Four days until delivery of the iPod at this point, and I'm trying to expend some of this nervous energy of anticipation by posting. :D

Last edited:

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
It'll be good once you get it....

Thats a heck of a lot of songs, what is your favourite band?

drac

Favourite band? That's a toughie.

Recent preoccupations include Manu Chao, india.arie, Black Eyed Peas, and Tool, but I feel another Vivaldi period coming on..

[starts up Mandolin Concerti performed by Scimone's I Solisti Veneti]

I ordered a Manu Chao CD with the iPod, actually.

What's yours? And how do you use the iPod versus the iHP?

And good grief, you have balls of steel, Mr. Brushed Steel Guy!

Darrell

Adavanced congratulations on your new toy! I'm sure you'll love it! And welcome to the lounge! :)

Suasexed

Tom
Website
www.siobhandonaghy.co.uk
Welcome drac! I'm too a newbie here, got my iPod about a week or so ago, unfortunetly it's gotta go back so i'll wait another week or so for a replacement :( Have fun when it comes, you will have SO much fun opening it all :D

Sean_N

Just make sure when you get it when you first hit a button you put it into English. I actually did mine in Chinese I think:)

drac

Chinese!

Ouch!

Although ironically I have several friends here fluent in Chinese.

Thanks for the welcome folks!