I'm Going To Talk to the iPod Guy Today

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
365
Points
0
Age
31
Location
Michigan, USA
So the guy who created iPod graduated from my school, and he's coming to my school today. I'm going to ask a few questions (hopefully.) The main question is:

What's going to be on the 5G and when is it going to come out? How much?

I'll report back after school (half day.) Wish me luck!
 

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
365
Points
0
Age
31
Location
Michigan, USA
They got rid of the backlight on the 4G!?

I'm 3G'n it up so i'm not real sure what's going on.:p I'm leaving in 10 minutes, and if you guys get any questions real quick, i'll ask them!
 

iTara

Digital Hooligan
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Messages
642
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Sydney, Oz
I'm 3G too dude, but i've seen G4s around, i'm waiting for the G5 ;) they brought backlighting back on the G2 Minis.. so hopefully they folow suite with the G5..

My dream G5 would be all brushed metal (like the G4 Powerbooks) with backlighting, better battery, OLED screens (to use less power) and 80GB capacity ;)

T.
 

Bob

Retired
Joined
Feb 18, 2002
Messages
10,235
Points
38
Age
65
Location
"Silicon Fen", UK
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Petary791 said:
So the guy who created iPod graduated from my school, and he's coming to my school today.
Who is that then? Tony Fadell? Several people could be credited with 'creating' the iPod - this weeks MacUser (UK) has a 4 page article about this very subject.

"He (Tony Fadell) worked for the likes of Philips, RealNetworks and General Magic, and then went on to invent both the Velo - one of the first truly 'desirable' PDA's - and, most surprisingly of all, the iPod."
Interesting opportunity to ask some good questions though - hope you have a few more to ask!
 

shuffling

New member
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
339
Points
0
Location
I am Canadian!
The ipod mini, 4G ipod and the ipod photo all have backlight.
Check the tech specs here:
http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

Also the next generation ipod will be called the 5G (5th generation) not G5. You'll confuse people because the G5 is the 64-bit processor used in some Apple computers. Same thing with 4G (4th Generation) and G4. G4 is all so a processor in some Apple computers.
 
Last edited:

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
365
Points
0
Age
31
Location
Michigan, USA
Yeah sorry I forgot to say that it was Tony Fadell. He graduated from Grosse Pointe South (my school) in 1987. He did all sorts of things before the iPod.

He didn't call on me to ask a question! My ipodlounge mission failed!:(
 

Bob

Retired
Joined
Feb 18, 2002
Messages
10,235
Points
38
Age
65
Location
"Silicon Fen", UK
Website
forums.ilounge.com
shuffling said:
The ipod mini, 4G ipod and the ipod photo all have backlight.
Check the tech specs here:
http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

Also the next generation ipod will be called the 5G (5th generation) not G5. You'll confuse people because the G5 is the 64-bit processor used in some Apple computers. Same thing with 4G (4th Generation) and G4. G4 is all so a processor in some Apple computers.
Backlit controls, as in the 3G iPods menu buttons, is what I believe is being discussed - not backlight to the display, which of course all iPods with an LCD have.....
 

Paracaine

Call him Ed...
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
454
Points
0
Location
Cornwall, U.K.
MadPict said:
Backlit controls, as in the 3G iPods menu buttons, is what I believe is being discussed - not backlight to the display, which of course all iPods with an LCD have.....
It wasn't made clear at the start though...
 

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 12, 2005
Messages
365
Points
0
Age
31
Location
Michigan, USA
Well the first thing he said was, "Damn it's early!" In one of the other presentations (he did 2 or 3,) somebody asked him a question and he's like, "It doesn't matter because i'm hot ####!" What a cool guy.:p

He didn't really talk about iPods actually. He talked about life and how you should follow your dreams, probably because if he listened to everyone else he wouldn't be a multi-millionaire.

I'm proud to have him graduate from my school. :rolleyes:
 
Top