I'm Fed Up

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
I'm gonna skip the fancy crap and get down to the point.

I've been through about 3 headphones in 3 months (I must be a hardcore music listener.) Apple inEars are the biggest joke ever, and my left ear in my beloved EX71's have died, and the f*cking cord on my EX71's tore! The cored just felt like jello and came apart! I'm SOOO MAD. I had to electrical tape it. Anyways, I really like the EX71's, but 2 bad experiences don't really make me want to them again.

So I have a $50 Best Buy Gift Certificate, and I'm wondering what headphones I should get. I would really like it if I could get them at Best Buy. Thanks.

ebert

Look at my post just below yours in this section. The only thing is, you can't buy them from bestbuy (atleast not yet). These sharp's may be what you are looking for.

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Well there's no way i'm spending more than like $60 for headphones!

I forgot to mention that i'm a bass player so I like bass.:)

ebert

The sharp's are 50 dollars with shipping on audiocubes.com.
Well worth it.
The bass is excellent also, and very crisp, even with the ipod's relatively weak amp.

dinojr

Might I suggest the JVC-FX55W.
I just got mine from buy.com ($15) and it looks and sounds just like my old EX51 with a stiffer, less rubbery cord (my EX51's cord ripped too). They are so alike even the Eartips are the sames ones as the sony ex51/71 eartips.

misper666

sharp md33s will knock sonys ex71s into 2nd place, some say they even match shure e2cs*, sufice to say i compared specs (mainly the db rating) & buyer reviews, at audiocubes. not to be confused with 'audiophile' earphones. i read up on em before buying, all i wanted was a really good set of earphones (not 'audiophiles') & was very impressed by the fit, sound quality, loudness & price.

*ive not actually used these myself but read reviews in comparison to the sharps - though as i now own the sharp md33s im very pleased with them, i believe to get better would mean upgrading to 'audiophile' types - these are not far off

Fenwick

Website
yahoo.com
This is why i hate getting gift cards for Xmas. You have to buy something There. And even if you do, about $2 is still left. Then it gets thrown away, with that $2 on it. People think that giving gift cards is more formal, but screw formal! I want cash which I can use to buy something that they may not have.

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Amen.

Anyways, I picked up some EX-51's, and I just figured out I can probably replace my EX-71's! So then i'll have 2 headphones because i'm a headphone whore.

ebert

misper666 said:
sharp md33s will knock sonys ex71s into 2nd place, some say they even match shure e2cs*, sufice to say i compared specs (mainly the db rating) & buyer reviews, at audiocubes. not to be confused with 'audiophile' earphones. i read up on em before buying, all i wanted was a really good set of earphones (not 'audiophiles') & was very impressed by the fit, sound quality, loudness & price.

*ive not actually used these myself but read reviews in comparison to the sharps - though as i now own the sharp md33s im very pleased with them, i believe to get better would mean upgrading to 'audiophile' types - these are not far off
I couldn't agree more with your post. I put a review of these headphones on the forums not too long ago, and have compared them to the shure e2c's, which I also own. Aside from the better sound isolation, the Shure's do not really sound better than the Sharps. The Sharps have more pronounced and tight bass, as well as articulate trebles. There is not much use in getting e2c's if you have or are getting the sharps. The only way up on earbuds, as you said, is getting into the $100+ audiophile earbuds, which are a big investment and a concern with theft.