I'm Confused

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Pixelmorder

Website
www.pixelmorder.com
Wait a second.. I just bought a 10GB 3rd Generation iPod

I dont have the dock, should I upgrade to the 2. software, or should I stay at 1.3?

I am confused cause it says on Apple.com/ipod that the only people who should upgrade are the people with docks...

Argh!

eustacescrubb

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
If it has the buttons above the wheel then, yes, it's a new iPod, but then this also means it was not running Firmware 1.3. It had to be running >= Firmware 2.0.

thenightfly42

But, make sure that if you only have 2.0 installed, you upgrade to 2.0.1. There are also a couple of iPods out there with 2.0.2 installed, but Apple says they won't have an updater for 2.0.2 (look elsewhere on this board for that discussion).

Pixelmorder

Website
www.pixelmorder.com
Huh?

I am buying a use iPod (not used - its a store demo model)... I plan on opening it when I get it and intalling 2.0.1 (which will format it to factory settings).

Will this be okay?

thenightfly42

Pixelmorder said:
Huh?

I am buying a use iPod (not used - its a store demo model)... I plan on opening it when I get it and intalling 2.0.1 (which will format it to factory settings).

Will this be okay?
Yes.