I'm about to go crazy...I can't add any music to my iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashpg

After my old 20gb iPod broke last december, I got a Video 30gb and expected no problems. Now, just today, I tried adding 3 albums and it wouldn't let me. The albums are fine, they play perfectly and everything seems normal. Then I highlight and drag them to my iPod, and they're added and everything seems fine. Then to test everything out, I try playing them offa iTunes from my iPod. That exclamation point icon comes up to the left of the song. I disconnect my iPod and try playing the recently added songs, and it doesn't even play one second of it, it just skips through the whole album song by song. What is wrong with my iPod...I'm hoping an answer quickly because I fear I might take a sledgehammer to it if I don't get one. The space is no problem by the way, I have more than 3 gb left.

afalconsvick

Atlanta Falcons!
Website
tonyjalbanese.com
The little exclamation point means that iTunes can not locate the file. Did you move the file to another folder or somewhere else on your computer? Delete the albums and then re add them and then try to update your iPod.

mashpg

i never moved the files. i tried readding them and it didn't help. it's working fine in my iTunes library and the files are played without problem, but when I click on the iPod icon and then try to play the files, that's when the exclamation point appears.

Website
www.ilounge.com
This would seem to indicate that the files are not being copied properly to the iPod for some reason.

Firstly, I'd suggest right-clicking on your iPod icon in iTunes, and selecting "Reset Warnings" This will ensure that iTunes displays any problems that it may encounter while trying to copy the songs.

Also, what format are these songs in? What bitrate?

Failing that, and if you still don't see the songs transferring properly, I would recommend restoring your iPod back to factory settings using the iPod updater. It's possible there may be an internal hard drive corruption issue that may be preventing them from copying properly. You'll want to ensure that you have a backup of all of your music somewhere so you can reload it later.

mashpg

thanks j, i just reset the warnings and it seems like everything is working fine now.