Ill-fitting Apple Airpods

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wdc202

I have the Apple Airpods from two years ago (ModelA1523). They have never worked well for me :they do not stay in my ears, are constantly falling out. Apple's advice: buy the new Apple AirpodsPro ($250); they have a softer ear piece.

In fact, do the AirpodsPro really stick in better?

Are there less expensive options I can consider? Is there a spray that will improve their stickability? Thanks. ....wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
Last time we discussed this, there were suggestions on rotating them in place, and using silicon covers to help hold them in.

I have the older Apple AirPods Pro, and they seemed to stay in fine for me (I don't use them, as thanks to Microsoft, they don't work in Teams or Skype, so I gave them to someone that can use them, and they stay in for them.).

The rotating trick seemed to help both of us wear the Air Pods Pro just fine. She says that her ears get hot and itchy wearing them, but I think that would be the case for any in-ear headphone.

The design is different from the last version. Larger base, silicon tip, shorter stem. I would expect them to fit better. The tip alone should help hold them in. Here is a review: https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/apple-airpods-pro

I use Sony WF-SP800N headphones as they are Teams compatible on my laptop, and compatible with everything on my iPhone. They are about the same price. Once sound change notifications are disabled in the Sony app (a ding every time the sound around you changes is annoying), they seem to do pretty well. Though sound wise I find them to be too compressed (tinny) for music. I think the Apple AirPods Pro sounded better, but less functional.