Ijet vs Airclick

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

asn

I have a ipod mini in my car, and would like to buy a remote for it. It looks like the Ijet works the best through walls (my mini is in my glove box), but doesn't fit the ipod as well, where the airclick fits it better, but doesn't work as well.

Has anyone played/used both? Is there a deciding factor to which one to get?

I'd like the one with the smallest remote, I have a convertable, and want to keep it hidden, if possible, but not sure I should base my purchase on that.

Any feedback would be great!

Cubist

I bought the AirClick initially, and was really disappointed with it. The range is short, and the clip built-in to the back of the remote quickly broke off. Following that, I tried the iJet, and have been really satisfied with it. It works from a distance, and it's easier to figure out what the buttons do without actually having to look at the remote. The remote is pretty tough too. I usually put the iJet remote in the neck of my shirt when driving, it's just as easy to manipulate as being on the steering wheel with the added advantage of not being in the way. In fact, that's how the Airclick remote broke, by using it on a steering wheel. I had mine rotated into the inner circumference of the wheel, but that still wasn't enough to get it out of the way. Once the AirClick's clip breaks, there's no getting it back on. About the only thing the iJet could improve on would be to calibrate faster when first plugged into an iPod. It takes a few moments before it actually starts working, but that's really a minor thing. Get the iJet, you'll love the freedom it allows you with the iPod.

ditboy

iJet is the hands down winner. I bought an AirClick and could only get 6-20' out of it, depending on which iPod model I used. The iJet has 6-8 times the range. It works everywhere in my 2 story house and through 2 metal stud walls at the office. The layout of the remote makes more sense too. With the iPod photo, it will work the slide show without special set-up, that the AirClick requires. Just push the forward reverse buttons. A nice extra is the cord to connect to a stereo, which really increases the value.

RXR

I purchased an airclick by griffin on a friday and returned it on Monday. It would not work from the next room seperated by a wall made of 1/8 in. panneling ! I had to get two feet away to get it to work. I called griffin and they said to try it outdoors which I did and was only able to get 10FT away fromit line of sight !
Whats the point ?
After reading the reviews here I purchased an Ijet after speaking with the manufacturer , I got burned once so I asked if it would work as advertised and they assured me that it would.
Out of the box, this thing rocks !
I was able to control the ipod from two floors away and outside in the yard. I also tested the unit by standing behind a metal shed in the yard and was able to control it from there seperated by 50 ft and a 4 sheetrock and plaster walls. Don't waste your time or money on the airclick. Buy an iJET. I can tell you it works as advertised.

Cubist

The sad thing is that Griffin is actually a good company, and that they've been making Mac peripherals for years now. I've bought other products from them in the past, as a matter of fact. Considering their other products, the AirClick seems shabby, and rushed to market. I've been using HD MP3 players since the Nomad Jukebox first came out. I've literally been waiting years for an RF-remote. If you use DAP everyday, you'll know what I mean by that. They make the DAP experience almost complete.

ipodlova

Edmonton, AB, yes the place in Canada, eh?
mikochu said:
Do these remotes allow you to use the line-out via a dock? Or do you have to use the headphone-out?

Thanks
If ur using the line-out via the dock, u can change the song, play, pause, but CANNOT change the volume. if ur using the headphone port u can change song, play, pause AND change the volume.

alcatone

also, you can overdrive the signal when using the headphone jack, so dont go much above 75% volume when adjusting with the ipod....

kloan

SSMoy
I'm wondering the same thing. Factory Direct has some, but they're charging $79.99 for them!

----------------

Anyone here have the iJet and use it with the '1st' gen iPod photo? I have the 40GB and I want to be absolutely sure that it will work well.

RD411

I spoke to friend in Ontario who said he bought his iJet at
oadirect for $54.95

BTW, my iJet rocks!

I originally bought the Airclick, but it just doesn't work very well.

I have outside speakers for my backyard, so all summer I have get togethers and run all my music through my home stereo using my iJet.

In one word, Awesome!

kloan

SSMoy
huh! 'ABT Canada' manufactures the iJet.. I had no idea they were Canadian, and that they're a short drive away... had I known that, and had a car.. I would've just gone up there to get one.. ah well, too late now.. ordered one off eBay. Total price was about $50 shipped.

I think it's pretty dumb that they don't have their products in any of the local stores.. pretty short sighted if you ask me...

RD411

Canadian company???

Their web site says they're located in California.

birdman325Xi

Just ordered one from the oadirect web site. $5.95 for shipping. Still much cheaper than FactoryDirect.

I was really planning on getting the AirClick just because it is so readily available but it is not getting very good reviews at all as compared to the iJet.

kloan

SSMoy
RD411 said:
Canadian company???

Their web site says they're located in California.
What website are you looking at? Here's the only one I found:
http://www.abtcanada.com/contactUs.html

Says they're located in Concord, ON.. which is just outside of Toronto.

EDIT: oh, I googled "ijet manufacturer" and I got the american website, http://www.abtech2.com/contactUs.php

Guess they are american.. boy, their websites sure do suck! on the canadian version you would never guess that that's just the canadian office.. or whatever it is, they're doing a s****y job of representing their product up here.. can't find it in ANY stores whatsoever.. honestly, i don't understand how people can run their companies like that..

Last edited: