• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iHome dilemma

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PFinch

Is it at ALL possible to hook up my iHome dock to external ceiling speakers using an amplifier to run the speakers? Don't laugh, I'm a girl and I don't know about these things...lol

cjmnews

Staff member
Technically yes, assuming there is a headphone out port on the iHome device.
I would not recommend this, but you could do it. Believe it or not guys have these same questions.

Get a cable that goes from the headphone jack to RCA to connect the iHome to the amplifier.

Connect the headphone jack to an input on the amplifier (Tape, Phono, VCR, TV, Aux).
Turn on the amplifier to the input you connected it to (assuming speakers are connected)
Turn on the iHome, and you should hear it. You may have to set the volume of the iHome up to 75% to hear it. Adjust the volume with the amplifier.

You can use an iPod/iPhone directly with the cable without the iHome if you wanted to as well. (Assuming not a crippled iPhone 7, or you have the silly dongle).