[Idea] Ratings based on chart position

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
Some people have a hard time deciding what they should rate their songs. Anyone is free to use their own rating method, but here is a new one I just thought of. Base a song's rating on how high it charted on the Billboard Hot 100.

Top 10 = 5.0 stars
Top 40 = 4.5 stars
Top 100 = 4.0 stars

You can store a numerical value in the Beats Per Minute field. You can also create a smart playlist that uses a range of values. For example, 4.5 stars is "Rating is greater than 4" and "Rating is less than 5".
I know what you're thinking: "Galley, how can I assign half-star ratings?". Mac users can easily do it with an Apple Script. Windows users will have to devise another rating system, sorry. ;)

What about songs that were never released as singles, or were released, but never made it to the Hot 100? You can either leave them blank, or enter a large value such as "999". Doing so allow you to see which tracks did not chart, and which ones you haven't properly tagged yet. :D

So where do you get the chart info? Many times it listed in the liner notes of compilations. Otherwise, you can find it in the "Billboard Singles" section on the "Charts & Awards" tab of an artist's AllMusic.com entry.

Rock on! :cool: