Idea for an iTunes plugin: MTV-style overlays

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sam Williams

I'd love to see the following plugin for iTunes:

Scenario: iTunes starts playing a new track as normal, while you're doing something else with the computer.

- A few seconds into the track, an MTV-style text/graphic overlay appears in your preferred location, with artist, track name and album information, stays for a few seconds, and fades back out.

- Naturally, the user is able to customise the delays, the style of the overlay, which information is included, transparency and so on.

Anyone else think that would be cool? The constant presence of the mini player is too intrusive for me.

woyzeck9

Actually, there is already a small app that can do this for free. It's called You Control: iTunes. It also puts controls in the menu bar that you can turn on and off. I have it and it's pretty cool.

Sam Williams

Oh! Is that a Mac OS application? At the moment, all my music is still on my Windows machine... I might change that soon though (I've ordered an 80GB drive for my iBook).

Sam Williams

iRemote does almost exactly what I wanted, and some stuff I hadn't thought of - thanks for the recommendation!

Do you know of a source of additional skins for iRemote?