id3-TagIT Please Help!?!?!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Cubbies2166

Incubus Guru
I'm trying to mass-edit my tags for my Incubus bootlegs and instead of using iTunes to do it one at a time I'm trying to use id3-TagIT to edit them faster. But everytime I change it in id3-TagIT the changes never show up in iTunes.

What am I doing wrong????

Code Monkey

If you are changing the tags on files already databased in iTunes you must select each of the files to get iTunes to update its database (you can do this as simply as just down arrowing through your Incubus tracks in iTunes).

If that's not what the problem is, I don't know what it is ;)

fondoo

ipoderator
isnt there a way to do a auto update? and isnt it a pain to clip on each song on your itune database to update the tags?

Code Monkey

fondoo said:
isnt there a way to do a auto update? and isnt it a pain to clip on each song on your itune database to update the tags?
You could probably mass select all the songs and change the version of their tags and then change them all back. Consolidating the library will also make it look at each file. However, you make it sound like you have to actually click on the songs, scrolling through the tracks with the down arrow works just fine, and when you're just doing one artist, you'd have to have a LOT of that artist before any method is going to take more than a few minutes.