iCloud Issue

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GinoLicious

So I did not notice this for the longest time but a lot of my photos were removed from my photo app but they are safely found on my iCloud. Thank god. However, I want to put those iCloud photos that were removed back onto my photo app but can’t seem to figure it won’t. Also I have no idea how they were even removed from my photo app. I only have 5GB on the cloud. And it is full. A lot of these photos are real old ones that I want back on my phone.

At one point I had the optimize storage feature on my photos turned on. I have no turned that off and selected the download and keep originals but that has not transferred the missing photos back onto my phone.

cjmnews

Staff member
What is your iCloud, Photos setting on the iPhone? (Settings-><Your Apple ID>->iCloud->Photos)

It sounds like you had turned on iCloud Photos at one time. This offloads pictures from your device to the iCloud.
You can re-enable iCloud Photos on your device then you should be able to see them.
Putting a check mark next to Download and Keep Originals will put them back on your device, assuming you have the space.
Make sure you have lots of free space before putting the check mark there.

Then disabling iCloud Photos will keep the photos on the device and in iCloud. New photos will remain on the device.

If you want to clean up iCloud, there are a couple options:
  1. Settings-><Your Apple ID>->iCloud->Manage Storage->Photos, tap the Disable & Delete button to remove them from iCloud (30 day delay to allow you to download to a PC or another device)
  2. Log into icloud.apple.com to delete them from iCloud immediately.
I like to enable Photo Stream and Shared Albums only. This means that my photos are on my devices not in iCloud.