I still like the Shuffle's sound the best

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

madmaxmedia

Website
www.madmaxmedia.com
I have a 40GB iPod and was going to EBay it for a nano. But upon closer listening, the Shuffle still sounds the best to my ears. I mean they all sound fine, but the Shuffle is the only one that really brings a smile to my face.

I have some good Sennheiser over-the-ears that sound great with all the iPods, but listen to compact in-ears more often. I find that even my cheapest Sony buds sound great with the Shuffle.

It's not like I'm psychologically prejudiced towards the Shuffle, I really was hoping the nano would be the perfect combination of features, sound, and size for me. As it stands I will probably keep my 40GB iPod, and get a Shuffle to go with it (my wife doesn't like it when I re-load her Shuffle with all my music...)

I also know that other companies have great sounding players (used to own a Rio Karma), but I want something with full iTunes compatibility and AAC support. The software that came with the Karma was absolutely atrocious IMO, and I have ripped a lot of my CD's in AAC.

Anyone else notice similar results?

bdb

On the B side of life
I've never listened to a shuffle - frankly I use the screen on my flash player too much to ever want one. But I read a review that actually did spectral analysis on the iPod, mini, Zen micro & Shuffle, and the Shuffle did beat them all. The mini was by far the worst, particularly in the bass range.

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well, Dear Guy

I had a 30 gig Photo and one day I decided to get a shuffle. I really think that as a 14 year old, that was the best $137.00 I have ever spent. I worked hard for it and i think that it Is a great piece of equipment.

I do see similar results with the sound quality of the iPod shuffle. Compared to my Photo it is alot better and I can hear the seperation between diferent vocalists in the song and also i hear sounds in my music that i never heard before. It's like apple pie to my ears.

And i love how it weighs less than my keys but still holds 240 songs

I personally believe that having an iPod w/ a screen and large storage space and then having a shuffle is a wise choice. I wouldn't get the Nano because i heard it has the worst sound quality from all of the iPods and is very difficult to handle.

DT

ChunkPunk

I always thought that the bass on my 1GB sounded flat, so I went to the Apple store to compare it with the Nano.

They both sound the same, but when I used the EQ bass booster on the Nano, I thought it sounded 10x better.

madmaxmedia

Website
www.madmaxmedia.com
Last nite I had a 4G iPod, Shuffle, and a nano and listened to all (not a blind.) They actually sounds pretty close, so I haven't decided which to keep (the Shuffle is not mine.)

When I first listened to the Shuffle I had a 1G Mini at the time, and the difference between the 2 was pretty clear.

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
The shuffle sounds far superior to my 3G. I haven't listened to any 4Gs or minis, but apparently the nano has sound quality on a par with the shuffle.

GreatGraySkwid

The Humblest
Website
www.thehumblest.net
Eh? From what I've heard, the Nano and the Mini have very similar bass reproduction, with the Shuffle still coming out the clear winner. This, of course, only being true with a decent pair of headphones. Seeing as how I'm still using Apple's, I'd probably never notice the difference...