I saw something that scares me.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

Will still be able to rip my CDs to iTunes then put them on my iPod? I just have one last CD album to put on my iPod then I’m done. But I don’t have a computer yet. Please itunes don’t go yet! Just let me move first and get a computer.... I never even bought from iTunes all I ever did is rip from my CDs and from there to my iPod, I just need to be able to do that, please!

cjmnews

Staff member
Apple Announces 'macOS Catalina' With Separate Apple Music, Podcasts, and TV Apps

There will need to be a way to manage music between a large storage system like a Computer to a smaller device like the iPod.

Now the details on the replacements are light. They say that Finder (Mac) can manage the iPod directly, but that does not cover the Windows users.

The current version of iTunes does still work, and can still rip and sync. Older MacOS will continue to use iTunes as they won't get the replacement updates. Windows may also have the same reality, where we limp along with the last iTunes versions until new apps are created to replace it.

For all we know we will get a new Music App, Podcast App and TV app on Windows to replace iTunes. The Music app supporting the libraries we currently have, since iTunes has cut down to managing music only lately. Other features like ringtones, and smart playlists have not been addressed yet.

DR0570

I still need to adjust the volume leveling of some songs on my iPod. Will I still be able to do that? And maybe even use my computer (use as external speakers) to play my iPod. All these things I was counting on when I move back to the US....IF I ever move back to the US...(another personal topic)
UPDATE (edit) I forgot to mention I did however before my computer crashed and died put my entires iTunes folder and player on a pin drive. If I get a new computer even an HD. Can I put THAT iTunes (from the The pindrive) onto the new one, even if it’s a Windows? Remember I will NOT buy anything just use it to manage my music on my iPod and maybe add more more ripping CDs onto it and putting them on my iPod.

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
We will probably be able to adjust volume through some software other than iTunes. Same with external speakers. We will see what Apple releases in the next few months. At this time, no worries, we have iTunes.

Having a copy of the iTunes folder allows you to move it to a new computer Windows or MacOS. It's that backup I am always recommending.

decafjava

As I wrote on another thread here, I think almost all the music management functions we now have will remain just be split between the Music app and Finder for syncing to our devices. As cjm said, Windows will keep using iTunes. Wait and see however.