I need a better in-car solution than an FM transmitter

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

ANY options, please tell me. Even if the minimum is tearing out my stock radio and putting in a new one with an ipod port or something.

otaku

I put a Kenwood KDC-MP208 CD-Receiver in my VW. It was something like $70 and works great.
I would never ever go back to an FM or cassette adapter.

AmazingDM

Unless it's somewhere I don't know about, no aux.. :(
How hard is it to replace a receiver?

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
Mid-90s Chryslers literally had two screws to remove once popped the faceplate off. A place like http://www.crutchfield.com/ will not only offer you all the support you need, but they will provide the following:
Free Custom MasterSheet™ instructions
Free Receiver Wire Harness
Free In-dash Receiver Kit
Free Antenna Adapter :)

otaku

No too difficult

On my VW, I just had to push two small screwdrivers into the radio release slots, pull out the receiver, and disconnect the antenna and wiring jacks. Then reverse to re-assemble. I made my life harder by building my own VW->Kenwood wiring harness, but I assume you could get the correct harness for your vehicle pre-made.

ddsski

Try an FM Modulator that hooks up directly to the antenna. Just put one in my Ascender and it s great. Ipos is controller but ZERO static and and more range than the stereo has to give. ~$100 installed Scosche makes them for many fitments.
In my Lotus, which has a factory Blaupunkt Acapulco unit, its simply a 9.99 plug thyat goes in where a changer would hook up. Again , Ipod is the controller. So $16.98 shipping, 2 skinned knuckes and an hour later, done.
X5 of course has IDrive
Jag will be a real treat next spring!!