• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

I just bought my 23rd iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GoDucks

I posted the following story yesterday at another Mac forum site that I go to and it got a great response. I thought I'd share it here in the hopes of kick-starting another great discussion. To be fair, only 17 of the 23 iPods that I have purchased were for me.

Here is the full list...

1. December 2001 – My 1st!! – the Original White 5 Gig iPod
2. April 2002 – Sold my Original (I still regret selling it) and purchased the White 10 Gig iPod
3. August 2002 – Sold my 10 Gig and picked up the White 20 Gig
4. April 2003 – Upgraded my 20 Gig to the new White 20 Gig with solid state scroll wheel and four buttons
5. September 2003 – Upgraded from the 20 Gig to the White 40 Gig with solid-state scroll wheel and four buttons. This iPod still holds a special place in my heart as it represented the first time I was able to have all of my music on my iPod. At the time, I had about 32 Gigs of music.
6. February 2004 – Purchased a Green 4 Gig iPod Mini as a gift for my wife. Due to huge demand in the US, the mini was not available to be ordered in Canada yet. I purchased this iPod on E-Bay and had it shipped to a friends address in Boston and then had my friend ship it up to me.
7. April 2004 – Bought my 1st iPod Mini for myself. I ordered a Pink one online from the Apple Store. I got an E-Mail telling me that it would ship in 1-2 weeks (see below.)
8. March 2004 – I was in my local Best Buy and saw that they had a Pink Mini in stock. I bought it and rushed home to cancel my online order. Just my luck – Apple had shipped it early. I ended up selling the one that Apple shipped to me (still sealed) to a friend who was looking to buy one.
9. July 2004 – Upgraded to the white 40 Gig with Click Wheel
10. December 2004 – Upgraded to the White 60 Gig iPod Photo. This was my most expensive iPod purchase ever at $749 Canadian. I almost skipped this one but decided to treat myself after receiving a pretty sweet bonus that year.
11. January 2005 – Purchased the 512 Meg Shuffle (just because!!)
12. February 2005 – Upgraded my Mini to the new 6 Gig version
13. September 2005 – Upgraded from my mini to the new Nano (the 4 Gig version in White)
14. October 2005 – Upgraded to the White 60 Gig iPod with Video
15. April 2006 – Bought a Black 30 Gig iPod with Video as a gift for my wife
16. June 2006 – Bought a 1 Gig White Nano for my father-in-law as a Birthday gift
17. July 2006 – Bought a 1 Gig White Nano for myself. (I was convinced that new Nano would be announced in the June timeframe so I had recently sold my 4 Gig version. When Apple and Nike came out with the Nike+ system though, I had to pick up a small Nano just so I could use their new running system until the new line of Nanos arrived.)
18. September 2006 – Upgraded to the Black 80 Gig iPod Video
19. September 2006 – Upgraded to the new 2nd Generation Nano (a 4 Gig Pink one)
20. October, 2006 – I decided that the new Product Red Nano was much cooler than my Pink one so I upgraded to the 4 Gig Red Nano.
21. December 2006 – Bought a White 30 Gig iPod with Video as a Christmas gift for my parents
22. December 2006 – I purchased a 1 Gig 2nd Generation Shuffle for a local United Way Charity Silent Auction. (It sold for more than I paid for it!)
23. December 2006 – I decided to purchase the new 1 Gig 2nd Generation for myself too.

How many iPods have you purchased? If you're interested in the backstory, you can read the whole article at http://torants.blogspot.com/2007/01/cupertino-i-may-have-problem-pre.html

Website
www.ilounge.com
Well, I haven't purchased quite as many (only 17), but my iPod ownership doesn't go back as far either....

Oct 2004 - My First iPod - 40Gb iPod photo (wanted the 60Gb, but it wasn't in stock yet)
Nov 2004 - Bought my wife a 20Gb 4G iPod (monochrome)
Sep 2005 - Upgraded my wife to a 20Gb 4G iPod 'Color' (photo) (included with a Powerbook purchase)
Oct 2005 - Upgraded myself to a 60Gb 5G iPod (iPod photo went on eBay)
Nov 2005 - Upgraded my wife to a 30Gb 5G iPod (20Gb color was sold to an associate, 20Gb mono was given to a friend)
Jun 2005 - Bought a 1G 4Gb iPod Nano with Nike+ Sport Kit for my wife
Jul 2005 - Bought a 1G 4Gb iPod Nano for myself (also with Nike+ Sport kit)
Jul 2005 - Bought a U2 Special Edition 5G iPod as a gift for a friend
Sep 2005 - Upgraded to a 80Gb 5.5G iPod (60Gb 5G was given to a friend)
Sep 2005 - Upgraded my Nano to a 2G 4Gb Silver Nano
Sep 2005 - Upgraded my wife's Nano to a 2G 2Gb Silver Nano (1G 4Gb went to a friend)
Sep 2005 - Bought a 2G 2Gb Silver Nano for my mother
Oct 2005 - Bought a 2G Shuffle
Nov 2005 - Upgraded my wife's Nano to a 2G 8Gb Red Nano (replaced 30Gb 5G & 2G Nano, both sold to associates)
Dec 2005 - Upgraded my Nano to a 2G 8Gb Black Nano (4Gb went on eBay)
Dec 2005 - Bought a 2G Shuffle for my sister
Dec 2005 - Bought a 2G 2Gb Silver Nano for my father

At this point, I only still have three personally (80Gb 5.5G, 8Gb Nano, 2nd-Gen Shuffle), and my wife has consolidated on the Red 8Gb Nano. Others have been either sold or handed off to close friends and family.

Last edited:

xmaxonx

Yeah Dude!!
Website
www.myspace.com
I have only purchase 2 in my life haha. Then one got stolen so I just bought another one, a 30gb video for 180 shipped. Thats quite a lot of iPods you have bought. Apple must love you.

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Dec 2004 - My first iPod. 4G 20GB Monochrome iPod
July 2005 - First iPod broken due to car charger malfunction. Replaced with warranty.
July 2005 - Replacement iPod didn't work. Replaced with warranty.
Aug 2006 - Red/Black 1G 2GB iPod nano from iLounge Photo Contest

Jakob92

23 Ipods? OMG. My first one havent arrived yet:p
2007 Januari: 80gb Black iPod video 5,5 G

XxSweetCherryxX

iLove iPods
Website
www.myspace.com
I got a pink mini in May 2005 , then sold in December that year to get a 2GB white nano. Then in September I decided I missed my old mini so I asked for one for Christmas. I got it just before Christmas. The battery life was awful! I sold both my nano and mini and got the new pink nano that I love!

melsmusic

I can't remember dates, but all in the last 2 years, or maybe just over one.

My personal purchases.

Blue 4Gb Mini --- gone
4G 20Gb Monochrome --- gone
4G 20Gb Colour
White Shuffle (1G?, anyway the white long one)
5.5G 80Gb Black Video (which I freaking love) .... but my family hates .... :rolleyes:

+ family ipods

4G 20Gb U2 --- gone
4G 40Gb Colour
5.5G 80Gb White Video
2G 6Gb Silver Mini
2 x White shuffles as above, oh wait 3, one went swimming. :D

So we've purchased 12 up all, 3 gone, and one dead.

MissCasey

Wow.. I can't imagine getting that many. Granted, I'm sure over the years it will build up as new versions come out and I have enough money, but right now:

December 26, 2006 Bought my first iPod: a 2G 2GB Silver Nano
January 1, 2007 Decided that 2GB may not be enough room so.. for the heck of it, I exchanged that iPod for a 2g 4GB Silver Nano, which will soon be getting colored iSkins.. I haven't decided if I want to get the three pack with purple, blue and silver, or get that and the one with white and black.. 'cause I want black, as well.

My family isn't very iPod-y, either. My brother got a 2g 2GB Silver Nano on the 26th, as well, and kept that as it was. My dad has a diff. type of MP3 player. My mom is planning on getting an iPod at sometime in her life, but not for quite some time.. and my sister thinks it's dumb to waste money on a whateverGB (Nano, she would get) when she has as many GBs as she wants with her CDs. Lol. Some of my cousins have iPods, but I think that is it.

Last edited:

paranoidxe

Humm..short list here

christmas 2005 - got a 20gb hp iPod
january 2005 - took 20gb hp iPod back to get a 60gb video iPod
july 2005 - buy 2gb nano (to replace stolen 60gb video)
august 2005 - took back 2gb nano because of capacity constraints, got 4gb nano refurb.
christmas 2006 - 80gb video iPod given to me, gave 2G shuffle as a gift to my girlfriend

Mustang GT40

I had an iPod with the four buttons (10Gb), then upgraded to a 4 Gb Nano when it first came out, and just bought a 1Gb Shuffle.

Ricardinho

Website
www.dartfordracetrack.com
wow 23 is allot to be fair if i had been into ipods back then the same could easily have happend to me so far i have only bought 4 soon to be 5

• i started on a mini 4gb silver,
  • then i sold that for a 20gb 4th gen
  • then i bought my brother a white 5th gen 30gb for xmas
  • then i got jealous and bought myself a white 30gb 5th gen
  • this week i have bought a black macbook so i have sold on my white ipod for a black one
  • however after hearing about talks of the 6th gen i have stalled the puchase of my black 80gb to match the macbook.

TigersabreZ

Apple Invisioner
GoDucks said:
I posted the following story yesterday at another Mac forum site that I go to and it got a great response. I thought I'd share it here in the hopes of kick-starting another great discussion. To be fair, only 17 of the 23 iPods that I have purchased were for me.

Here is the full list...

1. December 2001 – My 1st!! – the Original White 5 Gig iPod
2. April 2002 – Sold my Original (I still regret selling it) and purchased the White 10 Gig iPod
3. August 2002 – Sold my 10 Gig and picked up the White 20 Gig
4. April 2003 – Upgraded my 20 Gig to the new White 20 Gig with solid state scroll wheel and four buttons
5. September 2003 – Upgraded from the 20 Gig to the White 40 Gig with solid-state scroll wheel and four buttons. This iPod still holds a special place in my heart as it represented the first time I was able to have all of my music on my iPod. At the time, I had about 32 Gigs of music.
6. February 2004 – Purchased a Green 4 Gig iPod Mini as a gift for my wife. Due to huge demand in the US, the mini was not available to be ordered in Canada yet. I purchased this iPod on E-Bay and had it shipped to a friends address in Boston and then had my friend ship it up to me.
7. April 2004 – Bought my 1st iPod Mini for myself. I ordered a Pink one online from the Apple Store. I got an E-Mail telling me that it would ship in 1-2 weeks (see below.)
8. March 2004 – I was in my local Best Buy and saw that they had a Pink Mini in stock. I bought it and rushed home to cancel my online order. Just my luck – Apple had shipped it early. I ended up selling the one that Apple shipped to me (still sealed) to a friend who was looking to buy one.
9. July 2004 – Upgraded to the white 40 Gig with Click Wheel
10. December 2004 – Upgraded to the White 60 Gig iPod Photo. This was my most expensive iPod purchase ever at $749 Canadian. I almost skipped this one but decided to treat myself after receiving a pretty sweet bonus that year.
11. January 2005 – Purchased the 512 Meg Shuffle (just because!!)
12. February 2005 – Upgraded my Mini to the new 6 Gig version
13. September 2005 – Upgraded from my mini to the new Nano (the 4 Gig version in White)
14. October 2005 – Upgraded to the White 60 Gig iPod with Video
15. April 2006 – Bought a Black 30 Gig iPod with Video as a gift for my wife
16. June 2006 – Bought a 1 Gig White Nano for my father-in-law as a Birthday gift
17. July 2006 – Bought a 1 Gig White Nano for myself. (I was convinced that new Nano would be announced in the June timeframe so I had recently sold my 4 Gig version. When Apple and Nike came out with the Nike+ system though, I had to pick up a small Nano just so I could use their new running system until the new line of Nanos arrived.)
18. September 2006 – Upgraded to the Black 80 Gig iPod Video
19. September 2006 – Upgraded to the new 2nd Generation Nano (a 4 Gig Pink one)
20. October, 2006 – I decided that the new Product Red Nano was much cooler than my Pink one so I upgraded to the 4 Gig Red Nano.
21. December 2006 – Bought a White 30 Gig iPod with Video as a Christmas gift for my parents
22. December 2006 – I purchased a 1 Gig 2nd Generation Shuffle for a local United Way Charity Silent Auction. (It sold for more than I paid for it!)
23. December 2006 – I decided to purchase the new 1 Gig 2nd Generation for myself too.

How many iPods have you purchased? If you're interested in the backstory, you can read the whole article at http://torants.blogspot.com/2007/01/cupertino-i-may-have-problem-pre.html
That's How Much Money?:eek:

Bellor

You guys are what MacD's calls it's frequent buyesr: heavy users. Addicted to Apple Sauce. I feel sorry for your wallets... and ears

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
u guys actually KEPT a purchace log? - u guys accountants or s'thing? :)

And GoDucks, I dunno how u managed that and never came here b4r? -unbelievable.

JMMarich

Wow..nowhere are many for me either.

December 05 (Has it been that long?!?!?) - bought myself a Black 4g Nano.
December 05 - bought my wife a White 4g Nano (she has used this maybe 4 times lol)
January 06 - 80gb 5.5 Black! WOOT! Favorite so far!

--Josh

viper_2_4

Summer 2005 - got a 512mg Shuffle for free from the bank
Dec 2006 (after xmas) - bought a refurbished 4g Colour 20gb from Apple...

I might see if I can find a cheap 1 gb Nano and buy the Nike+ kit for running, it looks cool...

habsrock13

Poolside Lounger
June 1, 2006 - 1GB White iPod nano

I am the only person on either side of my family with an iPod :eek: