I have found the best Nano scratch remover! (plus its cheap)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

spaztaz

Ok, i dont know about all of you, but I like keeping my electronics clean and pretty much perfect. I just bought the 4gb black nano a couple days ago (seriously the best mp3 player i have ever owned), but the thing scratches more than a black car and a psp. On gamefaqs (a videogame site), someone made a thread about "Black Magic Liquid Wax" to remove scratches from the psp. My psp, which also scratches easily (not as much as the nano), was pretty scratched up. I bought this bottle of "Black Magic Liquid Wax" at Kragen for $5 (its a HUGE bottle). After a couple of applications, my psp became like new again. Taking a pretty big risk, I applied a small amount of this wax on a microfiber towel, and i started buffing my nano. after about 1 minute of buffing the whole front (including click wheel) pretty much all of my scratches (except two faint scratches that were pretty deep) were gone. I am guessing more applications will make it completely scratch free. Make sure u clean your nano before buffing so no dirt can scratch the nano while you are buffing. Here is the product:
http://data.solidcactus.com/cjimages/autobarn/blmawetshliw.gif

ask me any questions, as i am more than willing to help!

spaztaz

also, (sry for the double post), the wax acts as a scratch guard in itself, as it protects the actual nano when applied (i hope this made sense to all of you!)

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
how did you protect the screen when you buffed it? put tape on it? :D

spaztaz

i used it on the screen as well, so there was no need to tape it. this will take out scratches on the whole front of the nano (including screen, body, and click wheel). For the back of the nano (which hasnt scratched for me at all), use Brasso, as it worked wonders on my 15gb 3rd gen ipod before i sold it (they thought it was new...)

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
HAHAHAHA!! Man, i already bought ice creme for it, which hasnt arrived yet....bah. Will ANY towel work? can i use like...uhhhh....napkin? lolol

spaztaz

DO NOT USE ANY TOWEL OR A NAPKIN, AS THAT WILL SCRATCH UR IPOD! Use only a microfiber cloth or towel

bronze09

also, not all microfiber is the same - generally, you get what you pay for but try to avoid really cheap microfiber and go with something that is at least a few dollars a towel (can be found at autozone etc) also yellow costo ones are great quality and price, but they come large packs

spaztaz

bronze09 is right, make sure they are good quality, and make sure there is no dirt/hair/etc inbetween the fibers on ur towel before you buff your nano!

spaztaz

Since the nanos are made of the same material, it will work for the white nano as well. I just have a black nano, and they show scratches more than the white ones, which is why i used black as an example

NanaMcBongBoing

Website
www.colorblynd.net
In aviation, we have micromesh kits that include buffing creme and varing degrees of micro fiber/micro mesh. The kit used for polishing out acrylic aircraft windshields is perfect for ipods/ibooks/imacs/etc.

truth_beloved

I kept the clear sticker on my nano, so i don't have to worry about this yet; but when I do, I'll definately be picking some of this stuff up! Kudos for posting!

campas12

AHHHHHHH said:
how did you protect the screen when you buffed it? put tape on it? :D
no need to protect screen- if you look at the ipod at an angle, you'll notice the top layer of it is clear....meaning it's the same material on the front....it's underneath the clear level that's different material...

ilovesn25p

so the wax is just wax right? their is no coloring on it for ex. it only works with black nano's because the wax is black. O ya most importanly how much does it cost?

spaztaz

I am pretty sure i mentioned that it costs only $5 for a pretty huge bottle (i have had it for like 2 monthes since having a psp, and its still full). Also, the wax isn't black, lol, that is just the name of it. IT WILL WORK ON THE WHITE NANO AS WELL because they are made of the same materials!

jLee81

This really works, I just got some at walmart for $5 and applied to my balck nano, it got most of the thin scratches out, but not the deep ones. I tried it on my psp and my black razr phone, I reccomend using a microfiber towel if you do use the wax. It really makes your stuff shiny as well.

spaztaz

I'm glad it worked out for you! I would reccomend a HORI screen protector for your psp ($5) after waxing it again, as you cannot see it when applied right!