I HATE the new PLUS upgrade process!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chippe01

I hate the way iTunes now makes you wait when you select "upgrade my library". Previously, when you clicked that, the music would be more or less immediately available for download.

Now you have to wait for an email confirmation and click the link in the email, OR keep checking for music within iTunes.

I upgraded 25 tracks about 7 hours ago - I have not gotten an emaila s of yet, nor does checking for purchases reveal any tracks I have not downloaded. Yet, when I go to the iTunes plus page, it tells me my latest upgrade is in the process.

How long does this take??????

I guess Apple doessn't believe that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" ! :mad:

chippe01

OK, This is RIDICULOUS! # times I've been told the same songs are available for upgrading. Three times I try to purchase, and three times I wait, and wait for the confirmation email, which does not come.

chippe01

studogvetmed said:
Attempt to contact iTunes store customer service.
Attempt is right. What a hassle - they don't even have a category for my problem, but I used another and will wait 48 hours to receive a "form" response that has nothing to do with my problem. Then I will have to email them 3 or 4 times until my question is FINALLY answered and the problem resolved.

(I've been through this before)

chippe01

studogvetmed said:
I'm confused as to your issue.

I just upgraded my library, and after clicking buy, typing in my password and going through the downloads begin immediately.
That's how it used to work with me as well. But now, when I click upgrade, a dialog box pops up telling me an email will be sent and when the email is sent, I need to click the link in the email to upgrade the songs.

For the last several upgrades I made, I would get the email within a few minutes, or I would be able to use iTunes to "Check For Purchases", and I could download the upgrades.

However, this last batch of 22 (which was 25) songs, after I click upgrade, and get the dialog box telling me to wait for the email, nothing happens - I never get an amil, checking for purchases tells me I have downloaded all my purchase, and the next day, the same 22 songs appear for to upgrade. I've gone through this FIVE times now, and still cannot get those 22 songs.

What version of iTunes are you using? I'm using the latest, 7.5.

chippe01

studogvetmed said:
mines the latest as well., but for mac.

I can't explain why this is happening to you....
I received a reply that they have received some complaints from others about this, and asked me to send them a list of the songs that won't upgrade, which I did.

Now, I can't acces smy account. It won't let me sign in. :mad:

chippe01

Now they tell me to repurchase the songs and they will issue me a refund. Well DUH!!! They never bother to read my messages. I CAN'T PURCHASE THE SONGS!!!!

I have not been charged, I get no confirmation email, but the upgrade page tells me my latest upgrade is in progress... until the next day when the songs reappear foe me to upgrade again.

***UPDATE ***

OK, what they were telling me was to purchase the songs as normal, and they would refund the difference. I gues I will have to do that.

Last edited:

chippe01

OK, final chapter -- I hope.

I "Purchased all 22 tracks seperately, and was charged 21.78. Wouldn't you know that I downloaded all 22 tracks - and THEN Itunes tells me my uograde is ready to be downloaded. So I was again charged 6.60 for the upgrade, and had to download the songs again - which replaced the WRONG versions.

The upgrade download replaced the newly downloaded PLUS tracks, so I had to manully reconfigure all 22 of the new tracks with the correct info/playlists, etc.

I wrote back to custmer service ad they are refunding me the 21.78.

UUUGGGHHHHH !!!!

AND, I also received 7 emails ina row that my iTunes PLUS upgrade could not be processed because of a problem with one of the tracks. I'm pretty sure it was the Pink Floyd track (The Wall Part 2), as I could not find this track as a PLUS option when searching, it came up twice as a regular (DRM) track. I had to find the PLUS version of the album and purchase it from there.

Hopefully, this will not happen again.