• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

I can’t make my LG remote control app recognize the TV

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

Hi i just downloaded an LG webOS remote control all called LGee
But unfortunately I can not make it recognize my TV.
the tv is on and always connected to WiFi the same WiFi as my iPad so what is the problem? Why is it ignoring the TV?

Last edited by a moderator:

DR0570

I tried another called “smartify“, still will not recognize my TV. WHY?!

DR0570

I tried aanother app...STILL will not recognize the TV! 😡 why is this happenin??
So far I tried 3 apps NONE of them will recognize the TV!

DR0570

Ok, I googled it, I didn’t get the answer I needed or they didn’t understand me... and I went to all inputs, I did not find anything that said auto detect 83288329

DR0570

So... in a nutshell I can not make a remote control app work on my LGsmartTV from my iPad, and I have no idea why.. if any of you have the answer, I’d appreciate it. We have only one WiFi connection in the house so it’s on the same WiFi so there’s really no excuse why these apps can not detect the TV.

DR0570

One more thing...
oddly enough I can connect my YouTube app with the app on the TV...so... yeah...
youtube app can work on the TV but not the Netflix app or the remote control apps. Go figure...

DR0570

83308331 I don’t know if this is the serial number or if this info helps. But I really want to make a remote control app on my iPad work on this tv. In case the original remote goes out. Your help is greatly appreciated...
the tv was bought January 2015. If that helps.

cjmnews

Staff member
LGeeRemote barely functions based on the reviews. It was originally designed without WebOS, WebOS was added, then updated. No reviews or updates in a year means it may no longer work.

Smartify seems similar to the LGeeRemote app, though started later. It might still work since it was updated within the last year.

LG TV Plus should have worked if the model is in the supported list (it should be based on age). The serial number you show is not the serial number for the TV, it is for the sticker. The model number would be more useful. WebOS should have an about section to tell you the model, and possibly the WiFi connection it is using. You may also find that there are WebOS updates for the TV too.

One of the reviews from the Smartify app may have the answer for you. Most modern routers have 2 bands 2.4GHz used by WiFi B and N devices and 5.0GHz used by WiFi G and N devices. If is possible that the TV is using 2.4 GHz and the iPad is using 5 GHz (or vice versa) possibly making the connection not work.

If you can see both networks, try switching the connection on the TV (If the router is close to the TV) to 5GHz, or move the iPad to the 2.4GHz (If the router is behind several walls from the TV) to see if that resolves the issue.

Your Google search was not going to help since the iPad isn't linked yet. A better term would have been iPad connect LG Smart TV which has several articles with advice like ensuring they are on the same network and app recommendations and help for those apps.

Since this is more of an LG problem, not an iOS problem, this is all the help I will provide here.

DR0570

I found this but nothing APPLE is listed...
I even tried my android smartphone but it ignores my TV too.

DR0570

I click my Smartify app...
8336 Won’t even scan, just gives me a black screen.

DR0570

I tried the Mirror apps that’s supposed to mirror your tv screen on your pad...(I think)..STILL nothing.
i don’t understand why this TV can’t be recognized! Please can someone come up with an answer, it makes no sense!!😩😩😩

DR0570

Well I tried some apps on my Android smartphone. Still nothing. The TV will not be recognize! It’s on the same WiFi because we have only 1 WiFi. I did used to have an app in my andr smartphone but after about 2 years it wouldn’t work anymore so then I decided my iPad would probably be better but I tried so many remote apps none of them will recognize the TV and tried more apps on the phone...nothing! I’m begginingtp think it’s the TV. It won’t connect to anything. I just need to know WHY!?!?? PLEASE tell me WHY!

DR0570

Ok..😩😩😩😡😩😢😡😩😩😩 I’m VERY overly frustrate, it won’t even give me an option to put in the dam IP address... WHY?! Please I do not know the model number it was on the manual and my mom threw that away.. so... I guess I’m screwed. If this remote goes out, well just have to buy a new TV... 😩

DR0570

Ok, I think I found the model number you’re looking for and it was a struggle getting behind there!
8337 Please tell me you can see that because this was VERY hard to get back there....

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes Apple devices can interact with LG TVs. That is why there are remote apps (LG provides LG TV Plus) written for this.
Your Model number is in the last picture: 55UB8500 and that is one of the models listed as compatible for the LG TV Plus app.
You need to be on the same network, the iPad can't be using VPN while trying to access the TV.

Here are the manuals and other information on the TV: https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-55UB8500.AUS
The TV may need software updates, and the apps built in may also need updates. All can be done using the remote and the screen over the wifi.
You may want to create an account and ask LG experts about your issues: https://lgcommunity.us.com/categories/4k-ultra-hd-tvs