How to recover lost data/files in your iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

php2asp

fordoix said:
I just recovered my accidentally deleted files from my iPod(3rd Gen 40gig) using EasyRecoveryPro ...the files copied back to my PC(WinXP) no probs but they lost all ID tags info and now wont open in iTunes or any other Media Player. The files are in MP3 format but none of the media players recognise them. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is? Does the iPod encode the files so they cant be played once copied back to PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check this site for iphone data recovery, you can recover your lost & deleted data

jgiraldo84

I found my music files in the hidden folder on the iPod, and I could even open them individually with all their tags on any player, but when I went to delete the latest files added the computer got really slow and the iPod crashed. After that I was forced to restore the iPod because it said it was corrupted. I recommend backing up (copying) the old music files first, then deleting the latest 'corrupted' files just in case you are forced to restore.

ChooyFuong

[Post edited to remove advertising.]

There are a ton of progs that recover... can't you just use pretty much any regular app to do this, or is there something special about the player that requires more?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lepanier

I'm new to this forum, I hope I'm in the right place for this after much searching -- but I synched my IPOD to my ITunes Library only to realize all the 2000 songs had been inadvertently UNchecked! When it synched, it deleted all the songs from the IPOD! How do I get the songs back onto the Ipod without having to RE-check every song in the library? Please help! I'm not even sure how they all got UNchecked! Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Last edited:

jennifer31

Hi

I will suggest you to try this Recover Data for Windows to recover lost data not only from damaged hard disks but also from other storage media like drive, Floppy disk, Memory Card, Flash memory, Zip drives, ipods, mobile communicators, memory card.

Once I have also suffered from this data loss situation, then i looked for this excellent tool to recover lost data. It never failed me and i m sure it will not break you as well. Recover Data for Windows data recovery software is an undelete files software tool to recover deleted files as well as lost data from damaged hard disks.

you can download this advanced tool from http://www.recoverdatatools.com

Thanks

Erio

Website
www.ipodtest.com
Wow there is some great info on here. I tried data recovery awhile back, but didnt have much luck as I was sort of a novice with the whole process.

Exavier

Can't find iphone

I tried all the softwares posted, but those softwares can't even find the iphone to scan and recover the files. I'm using windows OS, please help me figure it out. Thanks!

Alice Goodwin

If you've ever lost information on your iPod, from accidentally reformatting, or a crash, there are a couple of simple ways to possibly get that information back (depending on the severity or damage caused).

First thing to do, DO NOT start copying files onto your ipod. Unless a thorough format is done, your data is still on the iPod, just checked off to be overwritten. A quick format just checks off everything to be erased. If you start copying files back onto the iPod, the data will start to be overwritten. This is how your file system works on your computer as well.

All your data is organized by the FAT32 file system, so a recovery isn't difficult, and can be done from a windows 98 computer if need be.

Now, to recover the data, you need a program that thoroughly searches all the clusters on your iPod's HD for data. The program I'm currently using is Recover4All Pro v2.26. The free version allows you to scan your iPod's drive for free (and see all the contents that have been deleted), but you need to register in order to recover the files it found.
http://www.recover4all.com/

Another program I would suggest is PC Inspector, http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm, but it's also limited unless you purchase it.

And finally, Handy Recovery, which can be found at http://www.handyrecovery.com/index.shtml, but it's also limited until you purchase it.

In either case, I've found recover4all to work best for me, it's pretty simple, and you can recover files while it's still searching. This is pretty useful, since it takes about 2-3 hours to scan the entire 20gb iPod HD.

Most of the time you lose your original file structure, but the files are intact unless they've been overwritten, or the Hard Drive itself is damaged.

Edit:
Data Recovery for Mac Users

I've searched around for Mac compatible recovery software, and came up with 2 results. (There may be more, but this is all I can seem to find).

Stellar Information Systems has one that's compatible with Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.x and above. There's a demo you can try, but the full version is priced a bit steeply at $300 (this may not be so steep considering people lose data that is invaluable to them).
http://www.stellarinfo.com/mac-data-recovery.htm

Another one I've found is called Virtual Lab that's also compatible with OS X and OS 9.x. You can try it for free, letting you search the entire HD of the mounted iPod, but they have a novel approach to pricing; you pay by how much you wish to recover. I can see this working for people who do not need an entire software suite, and would just like to recover their data one time only.
http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/mac.php

The same process to recover data applies to Mac users.
Yes Mac Data Recovery Software is the ultimate solution for Ipod recovery by Stellar.This tool is quite efficient and can recover Mac Hard Drive, iPod, Digital Camera and external storage media.

frahana

Re:

Yes i can say that Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Software is perfect in this case of data loss.try this tool you may get your data recovered........

HouseInBlue

I'm currently having trouble with my iPod (Sad iPod icon) and i'm thinking about restoring it to the factory settings to try and fix the problem since it won't connect to the computer. If i do that, and use this program, can i get the music, videos and files saved on the iPod hard drive back? I'm not even worried about the music as much as I'm worried about the word documents and things that i saved. I used my iPod as a flash drive since i haven't bought one of my own.

madonaalbert

It is possible to recover lost data of iPod or iPad if you gaev valid backup available.

kornchild2002

No. The backup of an iPod, iPhone, and iPad does not actually contain the music, movies, tv shows, apps, or photos that are synced to the device. A backup only contains settings and information about what content is synced over, not the actual content. Now, if your iDevice was erased, there isn't really anything you can do about it. Consumer level recovery programs (which can cost quite a bit) aren't going to be able to fully recover data off of an iDevice. Kiss it goodbye and learn from the lesson of not storing data solely on your iDevice. iPods, iPhones, and iPads are not designed for permanent storage of data.

scizaro007

iPod recovery

Hii.. I lost many precious data from iPods, I used one best recovery tool which retrieves photos from iPod along with other deleted files. Its too efficient, but let me know after losing data did iPod overwritten?

Status
Not open for further replies.