How to recover lost data/files in your iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi-pod

Re: recover4all didn't really work?

redhouse said:
Thanks for the Revocery4all suggestion. I too inadvertantly deleted about 13 gigs worth of music without any backups and at least my music is back...well, kinda.

I ran Recovery4all. It took about 3 days to scan and recover my music. But alas! An interesting thing happened and it probably wasn't worth the effort afterall:

All the music was recovered, as I said, but none of the song names corresponded to what the songs really were. In addition they were spliced with other songs right in the midde, or at the end. For instance, "E-Z DOES IT" and "#### THE POLICE" by Ray LaMontagne. "AJA-NI-KAMBALI (the New Delhi remix)" by Frank Sinatra, and my absolute favorite: "Crack-Ho Gangsta #####es" by Johan Sebastian Bach.

It seems that Recover4all would see the running time of a particular file and randomly insert another file to conform to that running time...so not only are the songs mislabeled but the complete songs aren't even there, rather they are spliced with others.

If there is another step I'm not aware of with Recovery4All then if anyone knows... please let me know. Otherwise, everone who buys this product, like any other data recovery program, BEWARE! All that is solid melts into air.
Yeah, the same exact thing happened to me!!! I wonder what caused that - damn, 70 bucks down the drain, not to mention all my songs!!

yoshi-pod

Recover4All does NOT work

After dropping $70 on that lame POS software recover4all, I can say without fail that it does NOT work. It was able to find all my lost songs, but the file names and what is actually playing do not match in the least. In fact, and this is rather odd, all my songs are The Allman Brothers - it's some werid curse I guess. Change all my .mp3's to The Allman Brothers. Go figure.
Caveat emptor I guess.

BJMRGTIVR6

OK. I may try the programs listed in this thread to recover my photos.

Help!
WinXp
3rd Gen iPod
Belkin media reader

I use my iPod (3rd gen) to throw digital pictures onto when on vacation as a external hardrive (Belkin Media Reader). I had several folders of photos on it. For some reason, I failed to copy one folder (Grand Canyon photos) and then deleted the folders from the ipod. I have not added or deleted any songs since and haven't actually played any songs either.

Does anyone know of an iPod recovery program or how I can find these photos since I am sure they are still on it. Thanks in advance.

SoftLogica

Website
www.softlogica.com
Handy Recovery

to Ultimate PG:
As for Handy Recovery you have mentioned, there is still 1.0 freeware version on handyrecovery.com/download.shtml.

Since you usually do not need to recover partitions or some other power features for ipod, freeware version is just right.

And it usually takes less then 15 minutes to analyze the 20gb disc, depending on the type of USB.

Amarpal

if recover4all does not work what others programs can anyone recommend for use on my pc (windows 2000 professional)

SimonThompson

Like many of you on here I too have somehow managed to erase my entire iPod. Sadly my home PC was stolen in a burglary two weeks ago so I can't just go home and reload everything.

Using RecoverMyFiles I seem to have managed to reclaim around 4,000 of the tracks so far (on my PC in the office) but - bar a handful - I can't seem to get them to play in my iTunes application.

Any suggestions on how to transfer them across so that I can out them back on my iPod? Am I doing something wrong?

I am slowly going insane without my music on my daily commute through London, so the sooner I can make everything good the better.. thanks in advance.. and sorry for being a technological idiot.

adh36

I have a data recovery issue, similar to what people are talking about here but different as well. Any help is much appreciated.

I installed anapod yesterday onto my PC and wanted to back up all music from my ipod onto my PC. I did, using the "Copy to Computer" function, and it seemed that all the music copied. Afterwards, however, my ipod would not eject. And, now, the music won't play on my ipod. I'm pretty sure it's still there - it says 19 gigs are in use - but it will skip from one song to the next, without playing anything, going through a couple songs a second. Also, in iTunes, it recognizes the songs but still has a exclamation point next to them, as if they're not where they should be (but if they weren't there, iTunes wouldn't recognize them as being on my iPod, no?).

I've tried a reboot to no avail. HandyRecovery doesn't seem to be doing the trick either. Any suggestions?

Many many thanks!

jtron

so what do i do if my ipod wont show up on my computer, AND when i turn it on it shows the file with the exclaimation point? sorry if someone covered this. thanks.

discoloop

Has anyone successfully recovered accidentally deleted files from an ipod and managed to successfully preserve ID3 tags and file structure? I gather it's achieveable using Pod Salvage for Mac, but is there a solution for Windows users?

Staxx

I lost ALL music from my 2G 15GB iPod. I connected it to my Mac (OSX) one day to get the message "Can not read iPod. Please use software updater to restore iPod to factory settings.". When i checked the iPod there was nothing in the songs folder, but the about menu said that of the 13.9GB, only 118MB was available, meaning all my music was still in their somewhere.
I downloaded the free trial of PodSalvage and it found all my music, and i could even listen to the tracks to check whether they were ok.
I had to purchase the serial code ($39.99) to recover the music and it worked a treat, all my precious music restored.
I recommend this software to any Mac user who has had the horror of their iPod dying on them.

Nancy13

Here is the problem I encountered: I got first the error: itunes.exe_corrupt file, then my computer started on its own to update my iPod. At that point I disconnected the iPod by unplugging it (Ooops!), even though the screen was reading "do not discnonnect." Now I can see the titles of the songs and their size, but I can't play them. There is an exclamation mark in the beginning, and the song is skipped. Ipod about screen says a different amount of disk free space than what you see in the computer when you are checking the size of the free space in the ipod as a drive. Any ideas?

neezee

*sigh got my hopes up... hav my 2G 20GB aka a paperweight now with 4000+ songs ugh... hopefully ill find a way 2 get most of them back...

Rane3

I was using my iPod in my car one day and after I hit next to change songs it just started cycling through all my songs not playing them. I powered down and powered up and everything was GONE. No songs, no playlists, nothing!

Any ideas on how to get my stuff back? I know its there, I can see it, but I liked my playlists and ratings and I want them back along with the music :-(

Windows XP, U2 monochrome 20GB iPod.

Cheers

dannystarr

Yea i sort of stepped on mine.......My hard drive is accessable when i hook it up...but crashes after 5mins:eek:

thediscoera

Recover4all-professional

I can't seem to figure this out. I downloaded the program, but the "F" drive doesn't show up. I plug in the ipod and my computer sees it, but not the recovery program. What should I do? :eek:

gimemoya

PodSalvage

Hi all, I've been through hd damage and succesfully restored my ipod. I downloaded PodSalvage and run the trial and it founds 2140 songs but I've noticed in the preview some of them have funny characters and others don't have anything ... and all files are named filemp3 ... I'm not sure if I'll be able to visualise the file name once I buy the license of the software or if what I see means that it can't recover them properly ...
Maybe some of you guys that used PodSalvage can help me out here, I don't want to expend money if is not going to work!

Angel

hi everyone!
im new here & im also very bad with computer & such..
im having the same problem here.. i just lost all my 2gb of songs in my ipod today.
& i dowload the podSalvage & somehow its doesnt work on my laptop.
When i try to open the files it pop up " the achieve is unknown or damage" it won't open..so i don't want waste money & buy it & it wont open..
i also try Recovery4All too.. & it wont open too..so please can someone pplease please help me??

BubbytheTourG

Does anybody have any suitable alternatives to PodSalvage for Windows users? I'm getting impatient, because people are asking, but nobody is listening and answering and helping us. I had the exact same problem that redhouse had with his songs being spliced and what-not with Recover4all. HElp us please!

jgiraldo84

Files not deleted but not recognized as music after last sync

I checked this post, but I'm not sure if it will help, so I figured I'd explain my problem to ask for suggestions since it's the most relevant on the forum. I downloaded some music onto my computer and added it to my 20G iPod, which was working fine. After the sync, I went to use it but it seemed empty, no artists, playlists, or songs listed... horrible experience! I plugged it back into my computer and iTunes does not list any music on the iPod, like it was empty. However, if you check the disk space, it shows the space used up by 'other' files. I'm guessing all my music is still on the iPod HD but for some reason it isn't recognized as music. Any suggestions? Please help!!!!!!!! I do not want to restore it and start collecting all my music from zero. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.