how to migrate entire content from windows vista to Mac

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
I know that somebody would ask the same question before. of course you can reformat your ipod or iphone whatever to sync itunes on mac. but what about transferring entire content to brand new mac to use? I am not familiar with migration on windows side. if somebody is expert, explain me. thank you.

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
When I moved from Windows to Mac, I used my old iPod as an external hard drive. I just copied files onto it (with it empty), and then copied them off to the Mac.

If you have an external hard drive, or an iPod with a hard drive, you can do the same thing. I'd recommend using one with Firewire capabilities - my PC only has USB, but my Mac has Firewire... the Firewire transfers were much faster than USB transfers.

S2_Mac

Moving an iTunes library from Vista to Mac should be easy, provided you keep your music file in iTunes's preferred location of the "iTunes Music" folder inside the "iTunes" folder. (If you're not storing your tunes there, reset the "iTunes Music folder location" (Prefs -> Advanced -> General -> iTunes Music folder location -> Reset) and then choose "Consolidate library" from Advanced menu.)

Then just copy the Vista machine's "iTunes" folder (C:\<userName>\Music\iTunes\) onto an external hard drive; install iTunes on the Mac, fire it up once to let it get settled in, then quit. Connec the external drive to the Mac, and replace the Mac's "iTunes" folder (~/Music/iTunes/) with the one from the Vista machine -- everything will be as it was.