How to get missing album artwork ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hudson01

First time of owning a smarphone of any make .... got an apple iphone 3gs and have started to rip my cd collection onto the 32gb hard drive in apple lossless, I am having a few issues with some of my albums, itunes can not seem to find some of the artwork for the screen..... Kate Bush Aerial is one.... is there any where else i can find artwork like this and get into into itunes ???

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
For artwork that iTunes cannot locate, searching Google (images) is your best bet. Locate the picture and copy it right from your browser, then go into iTunes and do the following:

1- Select the first song of the album you want to add artwork to.
2- Hold your Shift key (if a Windows user) and click on the last track of the album.
3- Right-click on your selection and choose Get Info.
4- In the window that appears, right click in the artwork box and select Paste.
5- Click on OK to save the changes.

Mac users, adjust the Windows-specific instructions accordingly.

Sparkee

Google Images will usually come up with many options when you search the artist and album name. Use the highest resolution you can get, at least 500x500 or 600x600 if you can find it. Lower resolution looks fine on my older iPods but starts to fall apart on devices with the retinal display. I find myself having to update files now so they look reasonably good on my iPad 3 and on my 40" TV through an Apple TV.

Hudson01

Superb, worked like a dream for one of the albums for for one it did not i am afraid, i think i know why, unlike one of the albums which i managed to do which had a box and a sort of musical symbol in it this other one does not even have a box to add artwork too !!! So it did not work. But i have thought of another way to do this, can i take a track from one album on the lists and add it to another album at say the end of the album on the playlist ??

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Superb, worked like a dream for one of the albums for for one it did not i am afraid, i think i know why, unlike one of the albums which i managed to do which had a box and a sort of musical symbol in it this other one does not even have a box to add artwork too !!!
What format are the songs that did not have an artwork box? (Not all formats support artwork, e.g. WAV).

Hudson01

It has been loaded in to my computer drive the same as all my other cd's and encoded in Apple Lossless. I think i know why it did not have a box, its the CD single of Kate Bush's version of the Elton John song Rocket Man, so its not really an album but does have that track and two others on it, so 3 in total, i only really want the Rocket Man song so would pick this out and put it at the end of another of Kates albums .... say the Sensual World.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
When you go into Get Info for a single song selection, the artwork entry is on its own separate tab in the Get Info window, perhaps you didn't notice that. Only when you select multiple songs and go into Get Info will you see an artwork box right in front of you.

Hudson01

Done, i re-sync'd the iphone and way hay.... its there ! Thanks for that, just out of interest i was going to post another question but you guys may know this already.... i have about 120 cd's and want to put them all onto my phone.... i know if i code them in lossless i wont fit them all on but just how may GB's will that many cd's take up on a hard drive ???