• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

How to Download Music Videos and Convert for $0. (Win)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Phillyzero

Canadian Lounger
Whats TMPGenc? newho, for all the people who couldn't get past step 4 because vid wouldn't play if you pasted the link correctly and all, press the play button after, it wont auto play.

stewc

I see videocodes requires you to sign up with zango. Anyone know if this puts alot of adware or spyware on your pc?

Synergy37

TMPGEncd is a powerful tool for converting pretty much any video format to MPG whihc is suitable for Videora. I never had to sing up with any of those stewc.

stewc

If I go to videocodesworld.com, I get 20 popups and then it says videocodeworld is free if you sign up for zango.

Anyway excuse my ignorance but after you create the XXX.wmv file, you then use TMPGEncd to convert the wmv file to mpeg? Is there a specific type of mpeg you want to convert the wmv file to? And then after that what do you use Vidora for?

Its really crazy what you have to go through to get video into the ipod. Im sure Apple will SELL something to make this process easier. They dont give anything out for the price of the ipod.

Thanks again for your help.

Synergy37

The WMV file will not play on the iPod. It first must be converted to a format that ipod likes which is an MPEG4. TMPEnc makes a MPEG1 or MPEG2. The reason we first must make it an MPEG1 or 2 is because Videora has a hard time dealing with WMV files and this creates impossible encoding asks and off synced video.

Phillyzero

Canadian Lounger
^ o i never knew that, i just straight away converted...it said it was converting say blahblah.avs to blahblah.mp4, what is avs format newho, well i noticed when i played the video on the ipod sometimes it seems to be at a slightly low quality, havn't really checked if original vids were like that, but do you think low quality vids can result from a conversion to mp4 without going through mp1/mp2?

stewc

Synergy37, out of curiousity, what output MPEG do you select with TMPGEnc and what type of output do you select with Videora, I see there are many and not sure which is preferable with the ipod.

I also see that a 8 meg wmv file goes to a 24 meg mpeg4 file.

Thanks.

Synergy37

Phillyzero said:
^ o i never knew that, i just straight away converted...it said it was converting say blahblah.avs to blahblah.mp4, what is avs format newho, well i noticed when i played the video on the ipod sometimes it seems to be at a slightly low quality, havn't really checked if original vids were like that, but do you think low quality vids can result from a conversion to mp4 without going through mp1/mp2?
Note really. This just puts it in the easiest format for Videora to get rid of off synce audio and it might improve the quality a tiny bit.

stewc said:
Synergy37, out of curiousity, what output MPEG do you select with TMPGEnc and what type of output do you select with Videora, I see there are many and not sure which is preferable with the ipod.

I also see that a 8 meg wmv file goes to a 24 meg mpeg4 file.

Thanks.
Here are some pics of my settings. Also the MPEG does come oout to be a larger size specifally since we are using higher quality formats and higher bitrates. The WMV file is a container for an ASF file which is pure ####. Probably the worst format there is.

TMPEnc Settings
Videora Settings

stewc

I downloaded the free version TMPGEnc 2.5 and I dont even see those setting. I dont see any specific setting for MPEG, except in the wizard. Which version are you using? I also notice the free one only lets you use the mpeg2 for 30 days.

Thanks

Phillyzero

Canadian Lounger
yeah the free version seems to lock the settings, should i like try a torrent or something.

Synergy37

I am using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5. Download the demo and contact me with a PM for a way to have it unlocked.

difg2bag

stewc said:
I see videocodes requires you to sign up with zango. Anyone know if this puts alot of adware or spyware on your pc?

The same thing happened to me when I opened the site with IE, then I opened the site with FireFox and that zango requirment was gone. download it at mozilla.com. Plus it's a much cooler browser than IE.

stewc

Sorry for these annoying questions, but I think Im almost there. I did create a MPEG4 file and the only way I know how to get it into the ipod is through itunes. So I dragged it into itunes, but when I try and update the artist and the song which is blank, it wont let me. That section is totally greyed out when I use "get info". Any ideas how to update this so when it shows up in the ipod its organized somewhat.

Thanks.

stewc

Forget that last question, what I did was drag the MPEG4 into itunes from a cdrom. What I didnt realize was that it doesn't get copied into itunes so it wouldnt update the info because the video was on the CD.

Synergy37

Yeah there you go. And anyone needing the serial for the Plus version of TMPGEnc PM me.