How to delete multiple artists at once

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bfallona

I tired the ctrl & shift but nope will allow allow me to select one artist. So of the dozens I don't want, I have to go one at a time and do 2 steps per artist 1. select 2. right click delete Is there an easier way?

cjmnews

Staff member
There is not really an easier way. The only other option I can think of is using grid track mode and sorting by Artist, then you could use the ctrl-click mode to select all the tracks by the artists you want to delete and delete all the music by those artists. That seems to be more work than your way.

I personally would not delete the artists or tracks. I would just sync playlists of music I wanted to hear that don't include these artists. That way when I want the old stuff later, it is still around. Music purchased from iTunes may not always be available in the future, so having a local copy and a backup is essential.

bfallona

LOL I thought so. Before I posted here I did multiple searches and kept finding posts to use the Ctrl & Shift click which only works on songs not artists. You would think Apple with all their tech writers could find a way to drop & drag everything in itunes and a click box option like Explorer. I am no programmer, but it can't be that hard. I've been around tech since before computers and too many times tech folks overlook basics and go for the glittery shinny object. Thanks anyway