How to copy playlists off of iPod when in disk mode?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
Hi guys,

I've got my iPod video here trying for countless hours to get one specific playlist off of my iPod when in disk mode. As I go into music as most of you know it's not categorized (Folders F01, F02, F03..etc). Cluelessly I have no idea where my playlist would be there so I'm looking for some help!

Without disk mode I believe the only applications available are ones you must purchase which I don't have the funds for at the moment so I'm trying to find an alternative way on doing this...

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: If it's any help which I may not know about, I've got my Playlist saved ina .txt file.

Last edited:

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
You can't extract a playlist directly from the iPod by going in the back door. You can only use 3rd party software, and most of those extract the native files of the songs in the playlist. I suspect you just want the defiinition of the playlist, not the actual native files of all the songs in the playlist, right? Maybe some of the newer software apps can extract the playlist definition, check Music Rescue, Yamipod, etc. Many of these are free, but they just may not get you what you need.

BiReL41r

iPod Video Owner
You can't extract a playlist directly from the iPod by going in the back door. You can only use 3rd party software, and most of those extract the native files of the songs in the playlist. I suspect you just want the defiinition of the playlist, not the actual native files of all the songs in the playlist, right? Maybe some of the newer software apps can extract the playlist definition, check Music Rescue, Yamipod, etc. Many of these are free, but they just may not get you what you need.

Sorry I am not totally understanding when you compare the native files / definition.

I'm looking to get the actual songs from the playlist onto my computer from my iPod, it doesn't matter if I get the statistics of the songs (play count, rating..etc)

S2_Mac

You're going to need to use third-party software; no way around it. In order to keep the iPod's file system as bulletproof as possible, iTunes takes over all content file naming; this prevents users from overloading one specific folder, or duplicating file names, or using "illegal" characters, etc.

Read this excellent iLounge article on copying content from iPod to computer; page 3 has mini-reviews of common apps to do this; several are free.