How to copy my ringtones from iPhone 6s to iPhone 7 Plus?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MintChalida93

Hi everyone, i want to continue use my purchased or custom ringtones on my new iPhone 7 Plus, can you help? Thanks in advance.

Miya

Maybe you can make it with the help of OneDrive:
  1. Download OneDrive on both the old iPhone and new iPhone. Sync in with the same account.
  2. Open OneDrive on your old iPhone and tap on the “+” icon. Tap on the “Upload” button and locate the ringtone on your device storage to upload it on the drive.
  3. Open OneDrive on your new iPhone and locate the file that you have just added to the drive. Open the folder and download it on your local storage.

cjmnews

Staff member
There is no direct method to get the ringtones from one iPhone to another due to the special storage locations used by iOS for content playback.

The use of OneDrive will not work for 2 reasons.
  1. The iPhone that has the ringtones would not be able to save them to OneDrive because it could not find them.
  2. The new iPhone would not be able to move ringtones from OneDrive to the correct location for ringtones to play.
The correct way to do this is to have iTunes on your computer that you sync your phone with and a copy of these ringtones available on that computer.

I typically have a folder of ringtones on the computer. iTunes does not show ringtones anymore so importing them will not help.
If you don't have a copy of the ringtones on the computer, you may have to recreate them or re-download purchased ringtones if they are still available.

The steps are:
  1. Sync your phone to iTunes, letting the backup complete.
  2. Click on your iPhone in the button bar under the menu bar.
  3. Click on Summary in the left column.
  4. Put a check mark next to Manually manage music and videos (If already checked, skip top step 6)
  5. Click Done (Notice that the left column has a Devices section and your iPhone is listed there)
  6. Open Windows Explorer where you can see both files and iTunes
  7. Navigate to the folder where your ringtones are located.
  8. Select all the ringtones you want to have.
  9. Drag the ringtones from the Windows Explorer window and drop on the iPhone under Devices in the left column of iTunes.
  10. If you skipped step 4 then skip to the end.
  11. Click on your iPhone in the button bar under the menu bar.
  12. Click on Summary in the left column.
  13. Remove the check mark next to Manually manage music and videos
  14. Click Done

MintChalida93

Thanks for sharing from everyone. I think in addition to using iTunes, we can use Leawo iTransfer and follow these steps:

Step 1:

- Run Leawo iTransfer and connect the iPhones to computer with the USB cables. The software will automatically detect the libraries of both iDevices, and then show the libraries in the left sidebar.

- Choose the "Ringtones" library of the old iPhone, and then the contents will be shown in the right part.

- Select iPhone Ringtones to Transfer

Step 2: Click the transfer button to transfer all ringtones from iPhone to iPhone.

Or hold "Ctrl" key and click to select certain ringtones, and then right-click the chosen ringtones to "Transfer to > iPhone". Transfer Settings

Step 3: The dialog of transfer settings will pop up after the transfer button is clicked.

- Check "Transfer to List" in the dialog, and then choose "iPhone" in the drop-down menu.

- Click "Transfer Now" at the right bottom to start transferring ringtones from iPhone to iPhone. Transferring Ringtones from iPhone to iPhone

Step 4:

When the ringtone transfer is ongoing, a progress bar will show you the percentage of the transfer process.

The transfer will be finished in short time, and you will get the transferred ringtones in your new iPhone when the transfer is done.

After performing the above steps, I have transferred my favorite song, "megan thee stallion - savage ringtone" to iPhone 7 Plus as a ringtone for my phone. You can apply the above steps to transfer ringtones from old iPhone to new iPhone. Good luck!