How to convert your Mac-iPod into a Windows-iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

c.c.r.

Please take note: I have read the EULA which accompaines this software, and I can find nothing in it, nor can I find anything on the AppleCare document from which it was linked, that restricts the use of this software to individuals that have purchased Windows-formatted iPods. This software is available freely from Apple.com, and thus can be downloaded and used by anybody who wants to.

That being said, be aware that converting your MacPod into a WinniePod by using this software is, as far as I can tell, unsupported by Apple. Doing so may void your warranty, though I'm not sure about that. I have successfully used it, and it works fine for me, but your mileage may vary. Use at your own risk, I can't stress that enough. If you call Apple about your broken iPod and tell them that you converted it but it's broke, they could very well tell you tough luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download the iPod Software Updater from Apple. Make sure you download the correct Updater for your model iPod.

2. Accept the license agreement and install the software. A reboot will be required.

3. Plug in your iPod and launch the updater. By default, the shortcut will be in Start > Programs > iPod

4. Follow the on-screen instructions, and enjoy your new WinniePod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.