• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

How to convert STREAMING MEDIA onto ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JMG

asdf
lerkaile said:
oh yes i was entering it into safari.
the part where you look at the source, then copy and paste the address that plays the .mov file into a new window. before looking at the activity window and option-clicking it to download.

JMG,

perhaps you could verify this by going through the steps and seeing if you hit the wall i'm talking about? I'm surprisedd AOL put up something around it's videos database that restricts it in the way i'm facing.
SOory, I'm not on mac so I can't test it out. :(

Last edited:

Synergy37

Are you serious it worked on a windows. I was trying to figure it out for like 45 minutes and no luck.

lerkaile

Synergy37 said:
Are you serious it worked on a windows. I was trying to figure it out for like 45 minutes and no luck.
perhaps it was only one video.
Try Blink 182's Not Now video.

When you get the pop up screen, there's the QT loge as if it's gonna stream, then this ? appears over the QT logo for some odd reason.

Viewing the source code and probing the URL gets you a Authorization Required page.

JMG

asdf
Synergy37 said:
Yeah this way is a little more sketchy. Mine is a sure shot.
lerkaile is on Mac dude. My method is for both windows and mac, but currently lerkaile is having problems with the mac version. I don't know why you are having problems with the windows. I just downloaded a buch of songs no problem.

lerkaile

Synergy37 said:
No he's not, he PMed me for something I cannot say here.
I'm on both Mac & PC. Got both platforms at home.
Btw Synergy37, i've the latest version from 9down. it doesn't prompt me for any registration so i guess it's fine. The wmv quality is kinda lower, no?

freund

We Are The Borg
I'm confused, couldn't you just use IE and find the streamed video in temporary internet files??

JMG

asdf
freund said:
I'm confused, couldn't you just use IE and find the streamed video in temporary internet files??
try it and get back to us. I found this way easier than trying to wade through my files because my cache is huge. .mov are usually better quality anyways, wmv has to be one of the worst formats around next to rm.

freund

We Are The Borg
sorry have to spend my time wrestling with my cd collection and re-ripping everything. i'll take your word for it though. stupid that no one else suggested that, what seems to me to be a simple option.

jakerc

I have a question..when I change my agent to a mac browser, it says my browser is not compatible with aol sessions. What can I do to resolve this? (I have not read the thread so sorry if this has already been answered.)

JMG

asdf
freund said:
sorry have to spend my time wrestling with my cd collection and re-ripping everything. i'll take your word for it though. stupid that no one else suggested that, what seems to me to be a simple option.
I remember a few years ago I was able to get movies that way as well, but just looking through my cache, but I also noticed that the new streaming technologies didn't actually save the entire file in your cache, and that even if it did there was a reference file and the date file, two separate files that couldn't be played normally. That's why the method of using net transporter is used. Besides, it only SOUNDS or LOOKS difficult. I actually find it much easier to use this methor rather than looking through my cache. Those files would STILL have to be converted with VLC (to eliminate the steaming protection) and Vidora.

JMG

asdf
jakerc said:
I have a question..when I change my agent to a mac browser, it says my browser is not compatible with aol sessions. What can I do to resolve this? (I have not read the thread so sorry if this has already been answered.)
use Safari 125.8 (Mac OSX)

aznlild

when i try to download the switcher i cant get the second link to work all i get is a document tree... can any one help me?

JMG

asdf
aznlild said:
when i try to download the switcher i cant get the second link to work all i get is a document tree... can any one help me?
Your internet browser is trying to open the file in your browser. That's why in my directions I said to "right click, save as". That way you will try to save the file to disk rather than opening it up right in your browser. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK.. RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS.

sk8brder40

Website
sk8brder40.com
Why do you need to convert it again if VLC turns it into mp4? I put it in itunes after VLC and it worked fine.

Last edited:

JMG

asdf
sk8brder40 said:
Why do you need to convert it again if VLC turns it into mp4? I put it in itunes after VLC and it worked fine.
try playing it on the ipod...