• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

How to convert STREAMING MEDIA onto ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lerkaile

JMG said:
No, read the first post in this thread. You need to run it through Videora after VLC.
JMG,

There's Videora for PC, but is there videora for mac?

Last edited:

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
I'm using a PC with Firefox. When I go to the streaming media I only get a .asx not the .mov. Yes I am using the User Agent Switcher.

JMG

asdf
MattPaintballer said:
I'm using a PC with Firefox. When I go to the streaming media I only get a .asx not the .mov. Yes I am using the User Agent Switcher.
what agent are you using?

It also sometimes helps to activate the agent BEFORE you go to the aol site.

JMG

asdf
Sexy350zstud03 said:
JMG did you ever get that idea i said to work for you.
Nope, it just downloads an asx file and some other small file. No big download.

fedagent

just wanna say thanks for providing this guide.

however i have encountered a one problem.
with some of AOL's videos the link starts with "rtsp". with these videos i am not able to convert, neither am i able to even watch them. any ideas on how to fix this?

JMG

asdf
fedagent said:
just wanna say thanks for providing this guide.

however i have encountered a one problem.
with some of AOL's videos the link starts with "rtsp". with these videos i am not able to convert, neither am i able to even watch them. any ideas on how to fix this?
Usually I just replace it with the standard address format. Change it to http://

fedagent

hmmm. that didnt work man. i changed it to http and was able to download the file but when i double clicked the .mov file an error came up saying that it was not a movie file.

any other ideas????

JMG

asdf
fedagent said:
hmmm. that didnt work man. i changed it to http and was able to download the file but when i double clicked the .mov file an error came up saying that it was not a movie file.

any other ideas????
What video is it? I'll try to download it.

lerkaile

Sexy350zstud03 said:
copy the .asx file (everything in quotes not the quotes) and then download it thats all. It will bring up like 3 quick 2 second downloads for some reason and then the fourth will be the download
You're telling people it's a waste of time to pull videos off AOL, but your alternative doesn't seem to be working out. All i get is WMP opening up and streaming the video?

How do you actually get a download using NetTransport?

fedagent

hey JMG, theres a few but just to give you an example....beyonce - crazy in love

also are there any other sites other than AOL where we can take videos. i am only aware of yahoo music but this method of taking the videos doesnt work

Last edited:

lerkaile

fedagent said:
hey JMG, theres a few but just to give you an example....beyonce - crazy in love

also are there any other sites other than AOL where we can take videos. i am only aware of yahoo music but this method of taking the videos doesnt work
Someone mentioned pcplanets in this thread but left very little detail as to how to download.

They've got good quality videos (i've yet to compare with AOL's), but there's no proper way to download the stream. All you get is a .asx file that fires up Windows Media Player.

Perhaps there's a way to 'intercept' the stream that runs into WMP? *calling for help frm JMG*

JMG

asdf
lerkaile said:
Someone mentioned pcplanets in this thread but left very little detail as to how to download.

They've got good quality videos (i've yet to compare with AOL's), but there's no proper way to download the stream. All you get is a .asx file that fires up Windows Media Player.

Perhaps there's a way to 'intercept' the stream that runs into WMP? *calling for help frm JMG*
okay i figured it out... takes kinda long. I don't know how the original poster of the pcplanets did it, but for some reason his explanation didn't work for me. Here's how I figured to do it, but I hope there is an easier way.

In PCPLANETS once you choose a vidoe there should be a box labeled "Insert media player directly into your web page"

In that window there is text and a link that points to an asx file.

Copy the link and use NetTransport to download the file. You will end up with an asx file and the medialog.asp file.

Open the medialog.asp file with any text editor and you will see a very long site url. It will be the ONLY text in the file. COpy and download with NetTransport.

YOu will end up with a "makeplaylist.dll" file. Again open with a text editor and copy the link in there. Again it is the only text in there.

Use NetTransporter AGAIN on that link and finally it will download the actual .wmv file.

That's alot of steps so if someone knows a shortcut let me know.

fedagent

Dont know why you guys are having problems with this pcplanets thing. for me it works. all i did was paste that .asx link into net transport and then it downloads 4 files, an asx file, an asp file, a dll file and finally it downloads the wmv.
however i would say the quality of these videos are very poor compared to aol. also they are wmv and when you try to import this into videora it doesnt work.

JMG:
did you get that beyonce video to work??

lerkaile

JMG said:
okay i figured it out... takes kinda long. I don't know how the original poster of the pcplanets did it, but for some reason his explanation didn't work for me. Here's how I figured to do it, but I hope there is an easier way.

In PCPLANETS once you choose a vidoe there should be a box labeled "Insert media player directly into your web page"

In that window there is text and a link that points to an asx file.

Copy the link and use NetTransport to download the file. You will end up with an asx file and the medialog.asp file.

Open the medialog.asp file with any text editor and you will see a very long site url. It will be the ONLY text in the file. COpy and download with NetTransport.

YOu will end up with a "makeplaylist.dll" file. Again open with a text editor and copy the link in there. Again it is the only text in there.

Use NetTransporter AGAIN on that link and finally it will download the actual .wmv file.

That's alot of steps so if someone knows a shortcut let me know.
that's way too tedious! There's so many steps to get the video, and more to convert it.

lerkaile

i think AOL must have put some kinda restrictions cos everything I try to enter the URL in Safari, I get an Authorization Required page..

JMG

asdf
lerkaile said:
i think AOL must have put some kinda restrictions cos everything I try to enter the URL in Safari, I get an Authorization Required page..
your not entering it into safari.. but nettransport

lerkaile

JMG said:
your not entering it into safari.. but nettransport
oh yes i was entering it into safari.
the part where you look at the source, then copy and paste the address that plays the .mov file into a new window. before looking at the activity window and option-clicking it to download.

JMG,

perhaps you could verify this by going through the steps and seeing if you hit the wall i'm talking about? I'm surprisedd AOL put up something around it's videos database that restricts it in the way i'm facing.

Last edited: