• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

How to Convert Personal Videos to iPod friendly

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

marshallflora16

I have various clips off of a soccer video (which I own) on my computer and I would like to convert them to a format which iTunes will accept. I'm not very experienced with the terminology or formats of videos, so this might be a little bit of work. The files are windows media audio files (that's what appears when I hold my mouse over the file) and I assume that mean that they are either wma or mpg (I have both, I believe). So what I want to know is:

* What program should I download to convert these files to iPod/iTunes friendly formats?

*How do I move these files into iTunes once they are converted?

Thanks for your help in advance and I hope this can be helpful to others with video moving problems!