How often do Apple stores get Mini's in?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chucka

I went yesterday to the apple store near me and they told me that if I order a mini it would take 3-4 weeks, but they said they do get them in the store more frequent than that but the ones they get out of the blue are sold to first come first serve, and not to the ones that ordered it. The lady told me that I could probably get one quicker if I didnt order one and just checked with them a few times a week.

My question is, Do the apple stores get mini's in frequently? once a week, twice a week? I really dont want to go by what the sales lady said. what is everyones luck with finding mini's at the apple store.

btw. the reason why i want to buy from the apple store is because of the educational discount.

thanks

stevesurf

In a spinning class
I know it's a long drive (LOL) but the White PLains NY Apple Store has many minis! Why not call them?

evil_twin2327

i can tell you that I go to my local apple store 1-2x a week and I have never seen mini's in stock. (new Jersey)

Pinkpumachik

it depends on the popular color in ur area. a pink mini here can take 6mos on a waiting list. they have to serve the people on the waiting list first

chucka

Pinkpumachik said:
it depends on the popular color in ur area. a pink mini here can take 6mos on a waiting list. they have to serve the people on the waiting list first
this store told me they didnt have a waiting list and it was firt come first serve on minis that are sent to the store. when i called sunday when they opened the only mini they had was pink and it was sold by the time i got there a couple hours later. i wasnt going to buy pink anyway i just wanted to go there to check them out since i had never seen one in person. and now that i have seen one they are way better than i expected.

the lady told me sunday to call tomorrow after 11 am when they usually get there shipments in. hopefully they will have one of the 3 colors i want. :)

CanadianRocker

Fiend 138
Where I live, the pink ones dont sell at all. My local london drugs and futureshop (best buy) are sold out of all of them for the next bit because of ordors except for pink, in which they have some in stock.

evil_twin2327

chucka, if you are looking at the apple store for the discount, check out crutchfield.com

i ordered a blue last monday, backordered. it shipped yesterday. i have a 20 dollar referral coupon if you are interested, and there is free shipping and no tax.

i searched everywhere, because i wanted to pay the educational discount price but not wait 4-5 weeks. :)

chucka

evil_twin2327 said:
chucka, if you are looking at the apple store for the discount, check out crutchfield.com

i ordered a blue last monday, backordered. it shipped yesterday. i have a 20 dollar referral coupon if you are interested, and there is free shipping and no tax.

i searched everywhere, because i wanted to pay the educational discount price but not wait 4-5 weeks. :)
sounds good! thanks.

I'm going to go up there today to take back the 4th gen ipod i bought and havent even opened yet so i have the money to buy one from crutchfield.

how does the referral work. do you have a code you can PM me?

chucka

hey evil_twin2327, I'm not going to need that code after all. so feel free to give it to someone else. both of the stores that I called monday that didnt have them both had them today. one had everything but silver and one had them all. i guess the lady wasnt lying about telling me to call on tuesdays :).