How much new music did you import into your library this year so far?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Code Monkey

Code Monkey on May 02 said:
2008: 839 items @ 5.54 GB so far...
Update, almost 6 months later and it's:

2008: 5136 items @ 32.08 GB

Of that, over 1300 items are re-rips or re-encodes and the rest is new audio.

devanb3

na the question shouldnt be how much music you have but how you choose what music to put on your ipod that is the question that taunts me i have 416GB 64861 songs and no idea which ones too put on my 30GB ipod

badlertuneup

Where do I go to look up that info? I've imported a lot , so I am very interested to see the actual number...

toothpaste

if you set itunes to show options of "date added" you can the create a smart play list of the music. it needs some parameters of what you want. so set them as when was the first song you added all the way through when the last song you added.

the bottom of the pane will show you how many tracks, size and all that

mr_infamy

Married Man of Mystery
I have imported approximately 1500 songs this year which have taken up 5.5GB It's all quite scattered (hardly any of it is on iTunes) so I can't give and exact number, but this year has been a mammoth year for new music.

ddsski

2009 Just got my 160Gb Classic, but I've been busy.
Importing ~10700+ songs
36 days
99.30gb. Everything except Classical Itunes Plus (AAC 256kbpsVBR)
error corrected. Classical done AAC 320kbpVBR
All is safely on a 1Tb Simple Drive that stays disconnected unless I'm going to use ITunes! Yes, I've finally had the epiphany on Ipods and my music!!!!!!! I was one of those lossless snobs, figuring only a $4-6000 MacIntosh Hard drive unit would be good enough.

I figure that doing a lossless import, then download to Ipod compressed is overkill, as, like all technologies, in 5 years all our efforts will be obsolete anyway. Therefore, my archive will always be the original CD's till studies tell me they're degrading! Why bother with all the extra steps. If I ever find a piece that I can hear a decreased quality on, I'll reimport it Apple Lossless etc or a click up from where it currently is. I, too have been lucky to have extraordinary hearing, (years ago tested and could pick up 26Khz, of course that was in my thirties)

toothpaste

I haven't posted on here in a long time, but like this thread so.....

2012: 9530 songs, 36.1 days, 66.28gb so far......still have some music on an external I got from a friend a while back that I need to go through....

AKessler22

I had to reformat my computer, so I'm still in the process of transferring everything over. So far I've added over 100Gigs O_O

kornchild2002

It's pretty much the end of the year. My library grew by over 2000 songs this year alone. That is a lot higher than usual due to me buying more music than usual. I attended a bunch of summer concerts and discovered a local used record store.

ThisisCraigP

down for whatever
Added around 30 albums this year, mostly of bands that I already had but did venture in to new grounds. I don't go crazy getting music anymore, I prefer just to enjoy what i have, or i'm just lazy lol