How Much Are You Willing to Pay for the maps update the iphone users got?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

How much are you willing to pay for the maps update the iphone users got?

• $1

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • $2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $3

• $4

• $5

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
I was really disappointed im sure just like the rest of you for not recieving the maps update part of the 2.2 that the iphone users got. Ofourse it should be free. But if they were to charge for it, How much are you willing to pay for the portion of the update?

Last edited:

kornchild2002

There isn't an option for $0 or else I would have put that. I am tired having to purchased updates for my iPod touch that iPhone users get for free. I know that they have to pay for a monthly service that more than cancels out our higher initial cost but still. Apple is turning their backs on the iPod community here by focusing more on the iPhone with these free updates. I refuse to pay for another iPod touch update.

Sparkee

I would select $0 as well. I think you need an internet connection to fully utilize the maps feature, something that's hard to achieve when moving around with the touch. I'm also tired of paying for updates, they even make it tougher for Canadians to pay for these updates. You can't use store credits or gift cards, only credit cards.

davea

I could care less about street view on my Touch. I'm getting very tired of all the whiners who bought a Touch and expect it to be an iPhone. It's NOT!!

dimmer

Lounge Lizard
$0 as well - not of any value where I live as there are no street views, and limited in use if you can't connect to any hotspot while you are moving.

parkgirl

If I had the iPhone, I would most likely use the navigation tools. Having to be connected to WiFi, I would probably not pay for it at all.

I got the iTouch because I wasn't willing to pay $80/month just to have the internet access on my phone.

Cheep, I know! ;)

Anyone have a garmin or something else? I can't see using it that much if you just travel locally!

Tweekish

I have never paid for an update for my Touch and I dont intend to. If its not included in free updates then its not for me! Perhaps if I were to get an iPhone then I would be upset if I didnt get certain updates for free.

anypats

I have the iPhone and can barely seeing myself ever using the street view. When J first heard about it I looked at the street view of my house and my parent's house and haven't looked at it since. When it came in the update, for my iPhone, I once again looked at my house to see how well it worked and looked.

I can really only seeing myself use it if I am going to be in an area that is unfamiliar to me and need to see if I'm at the right place.

If I had a Touch, I would actually be grateful that they left it off to save space. You won't be able to connect to the Internet anyway if you're out and about.

kornchild2002

davea said:
I could care less about street view on my Touch. I'm getting very tired of all the whiners who bought a Touch and expect it to be an iPhone. It's NOT!!
And I am tired of all the people misinterpreting our comments. We don't expect this thing to be an iPhone but we think that the updates should still be free. Don't like it? Don't cry!

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
it is not the question whether you pay for. it should be free. if it is payable, why google didn't set any app for paid? actually, I don't see the point why I have to pay for this.