How long were you there?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Casual

I must have spent a good half hour in compusa drooling over the new iPod today. I was like... doing everything, I love the new games. :D I instantly new how to use the on-the-go list and the new features. I love how the backlight fades in and out. sexy++++

Agasthya

Casual said:
I must have spent a good half hour in compusa drooling over the new iPod today. I was like... doing everything, I love the new games. :D I instantly new how to use the on-the-go list and the new features. I love how the backlight fades in and out. sexy++++
If I'm not mistaken the backlight fades in and out on all iPods with touchwheels.

mongoos150

I was there for about 45 minutes until I decided to buy one on the Apple online store (ed. discount, CompUSA wouldn't give to me). Anyway right next to the iPod was an iBook on airport and I posted in a few threads right there!

kamj12

I'm still waiting for mine...

But i went to the Apple store twice this weekend just so i could play with the display ones... :) I didn't really like it thou cuz' the ipods had figure prints all over....

I know i'm gonna take good care of mine....!!

SamHain

I was there from 5:40 to 6:00 waiting for the guy to hand the one that was on hold for me (dang street dates!) I had been trying to get my 20GB replaced since Feb as a warranty, turned out it was a good thing they didn't have them in stock at my location. Got a 30GB for even money :)

trailbossc

iPodaholic
I spent 1 hour minimum at CompUSA drooling over the new iPods. Actually got my 30 GB Thursday and haven't even had time to get on the forums until now. It rulez!!!!

beanlambert

i walked into pcworld(uk shop) (had to to use my insurance vouchers, dont worry i have a mac:) ) a transcript of my conservation with the nearest assistant....

me "excuse me, do you have the 15gb apple ipod in stock?"

shop man "yes i think they came in this morning"

me"ok ill take one"

walked to the till handed over my voucher and walked out, i was in their for 5 mins.

BigBohn

I was at an Apple store playing with the 15gb iPod for like a good 45 to 60 minutes. Next day, went to Best Buy for 3 minutes (in and out) and bought a 30gb w/ extended warranty (for the whole battery issue).

Rich

I heard that there was a new iPod out. Went to Apple's site to have a look. Less than 5 minutes later there were two (one for me, one for my business partner) on hold for me at the local Best Buy. I was in the store just long enough for the sales guy to hand it to me. :D

NiTRO

Pleather BarcaLounger
I was actually a bit miffed about this issue. With my old 10 gig in hand (for comparison purposes) I went in to the Seattle Apple Store the other day to check out the new 15 gig iPod and unlike the ones in Comp USA that are in a usable display, the one here was behind a locked glass display case in the back of the store. I asked the salesman if I could "test drive" it. He tells me that he's out of stock at the moment. So, I said that I had never seen the new model and was considering buying one when the next shipment came in, so could I please check it out? He finally unlocks the case, hands it over and stands RIGHT in my personal space as if I'm going to run right through the store and nick the thing. I started tinkering around and he remained right in my face...bad breath and all.

Needless to say, I wasn't able to get very far with my test drive, 5 mins max. I checked out, quickly, the OTG playlist which was cool, the clock on the main menu, backlights (oooh-aaahh), and gave the new buttons/ touch wheel a spin...figuratively speaking of course. ;)

I liked what little I saw but as far as the store goes, Ok, fine, keep an eye on me. I understand you don't want to lose your precious demo model but keep out of my face already, and here's a thought, try not to prevent customers from actually buying a new iPod, especially when they hold an older model right in their hand. When I finally decide to purchase my 15 gigger, I shant be purchasing it from that store.

Last edited:

mrkablooey

CompUSA kept me from spending $2000 on an iBook + accessories back in March when they kept pushing their warranty on me. He even tried to get my credit card number to sign me up for 3 months of AOL which he said he was "required" to do even though 1) you don't want it 2) you may already have it. The sales kid couldn't understand why I didn't want it or the warranty and after about 15 minutes, I told him "nevermind" and left the boxes on the counter.

sparks9

mrkablooey said:
CompUSA kept me from spending $2000 on an iBook + accessories back in March when they kept pushing their warranty on me. He even tried to get my credit card number to sign me up for 3 months of AOL which he said he was "required" to do even though 1) you don't want it 2) you may already have it. The sales kid couldn't understand why I didn't want it or the warranty and after about 15 minutes, I told him "nevermind" and left the boxes on the counter.
Yay, those dammit salespersons!

gizmo53

Uber Mac User
Sometimes, you can use their ineptness to their advantage. I used that when I picked up "Enter the Matrix" yesterday afternoon at Circuit City. Plus, I just love proving them wrong.